"Leaverite scores, I get the SKUNK!"

• Admin

Hello All,

Well it was just a matter of time when we started prospecting that I was going to get skunked with the GPX-4000. I've managed to find at least one nugget per trip with the GPX-4000 for an entire year, but it finally ended yesterday (Saturday). I've found well over 100 nuggets, probably much closer to 200 with the GPX-4000 hunting an average of 1-2 days per week.

Saturday Leaverite and I tromped around the hills looking for some new ground. We hunted a good hour or so and then Leaverite found a nice 3.5 Dwter in a new spot. The area looked very good, but after another hour or so we were unable to find another nugget. Seems like a lot of "one nugget" patches out there! :(

We both found a good share of boot tacks, wire, nails and other iron rubbish.

Congrats to my partner Leaverite for scoring. Thanks for leaving me the skunk. :P

Take a gander of Leaverite's gold nugget and an old "Shoe" from a mill stamper below.

Rob Allison

Rob,

Too bad the good run came to a end. That just means that next trip you will find double the weight! Congrats to Leaverite on the nice nug. I still have not used the new platipus mono I bought from you because the damn tar weed is still around and I don't want to get that stuff all over it. I used the Coiltek 14" mono today and sent the skunk home. I got 3 nuggets for 1.7 dwt, the biggest 1.4 dwt. Take care.

Cheers, Matt

PS cant wait to see the new products coming out.

Hey Dennis,

Nice gold indeed.

Rob,

Old shoe, you say. The next time you hear that wooeeeee in your headset, you better look around because it may not be coming from the detector. That thing looks more like a petrified martian head than anything else. :unsure: They may be coming for their ancestors. :lol::rolleyes:

You heard anything from Elly???????

Bob T.

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Talked with Elly a few nights ago. The pushes are this coming weekend, but will only be on the Desert Special pushes on the west side of Rich Hill. The pushes have only produced many a dozen nuggets, so it will be interesting to see if more come out when they get deeper.

Not sure I will be at the pushes, I'm more interested in finding new ground now.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison