"What does a Customer have to say about ...?"

• Admin

Hello All,

I actually get a bunch of these feedback statements, but haven't updated my website in some time. Since Donna and her husband SkipperBill are great friends and customers, I decided to post it below -

Hi Rob,

Just wanted to let you know that I really love my new Li-Ion system that Skipperbill bought me! It is so light that I don't even have to use my bungy cord when I have a smaller coil on. I'm also trying out a cordless set of headphones, which makes prospecting REALLY easy. I still haven't found my first nugget, but feel that I'm getting closer and learning more every time we go out hunting.

Thanks so much for the prompt receipt of my system.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!

Take care,

Donna Beddow

Thanks Bill & Donna for all your friendship and business over the years. ;)

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello JP,

The batteries to my knowledge will charge up to like 8.4 - 8.5 volts max. I know when I turn on my GPX-4000 to check the voltage on a full charged battery its around 8.2 - 8.4 volts. I'm not sure if the regulator is actually dropping down the voltage a tiny bit or running straight through just using the regualtor as more of a battery craddle.

I know the Li-Ion System has been and still is a major hit! I actually just sold 4 more complete systems today and reordered another big shipment from Doc.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob and JP,

The System for the GPX has no regulator inbuilt. As you know the GPX runs on the higher power so we just use the straight through power of the Li-Ion battery.

Your right JP in that the batteries charge to 8.4v and are flat at 7.2v.

So far we are close to 1900 units sold for the SD and GP's and around 250 for the GPX.

Thanks

Trev

Thanks for the info, I was curious because Minelab have decided to go that way as well with the supplied GPX 4000 battery. This makes sense because Lithium Ion have a very flat discharge curve, so why go to all the hassle of regulating the supply when all you are after is maintaining a small yet simple battery system that lasts a reasonable amount of time. Obviously if you want more run time you have to include more cells and then regulate the supply due ot the increase in voltage.

JP

• Admin

Hello Buddy Trev,

Thanks for giving us the heads up! Had a good idea that it was running straight through rather than regulated. There is no doubt this is one amazing system! I haven't heard a bad review on the system since it's been out.

Trev, who (person) designed the "Pocket Rocket System?" :D

Can't wait to see some of the new stuff you have coming out. Heard great things about them.

P.S. You need to post here more often Trev. People would love to hear some more about your technical knowledge of coils and such.

Take care mate,

Rob Allison

I was installing some doors for Doc back in 2005 at Profile Prospecting's main office. Doc brought out the Pocket Rocket and I knew that it was going to be a huge success and maybe one of the best new items to hit the market since the Minelab P.I.

About a month after I first saw it Doc let me use his proto type and I picked up a 3 gram piece of gold on one of the steepest hill sides I have seen. I was scrambling up it heading to some good looking ground when I got a signal and dug it knowing it wasn't gold because of where it was. Well it was gold and I figure that makes me one of the first (if not the first) to find gold while using the Pocket Rocket. I knew way before that though that it was a monumental break through for the SD and GP detectors.

All I have to say to that is great job Doc and Coiltek, Thank you so much.

It is worth so much more than it costs. Can't say enough about it.

-Joe

post-665-1196138827_thumb.jpg

Hey Rob,

I have not had time to scratch myself lately. I have many tasks on my list to complete. I must admit i am enjoying it though.

I will try to post some more. I just love seeing all the gold being found... wish I could get out more! :(

Hey Joe, thanks for the comments. I do remember Doc telling me your story which was great to hear especially when the system was new.

I remember taking the prototype out with me when I went on my gold trip to the Pilbara. I was using the 3000 and it just purred along and the others on the trip were keen on it too. It found me 47 grams that trip which for a guy who never found a piece before it made me hollar and yell!!! :P

Now there is no stopping me!!! :lol:

Trev

Yo Rob, Trev & All...I have a question...My Pocket Rocket is awesome and certainly anyone using the SD or GP detectors must have it...Mine is about 9 months old and I've noticed just recently that when the battery is depleted and ready for recharge, it just Stops abruptly...No warning or warble or any such notice it's about to go dead...Just a screach and then boom....Dead... Is that Normal? Great product! Cheers, Unc

Hey Ron,

I would think the battery is OK as it is just reaching the point where it is almost completely flat. The circuitry in the batteries cuts out once the voltage and current has dropped to a certain level. This protects the batteries from absolute flatness which for Li-Ion can reduce cycle life.

If you measure the volts in the battery once this happens you should see 0 volts or close to (sometimes it can show 2 or so volts). I would then suggest placing it on the charger for a few seconds and the cuircuitry should be reset and show some voltage closer to 7.2v. That will just reassure you that it is the circuitry and not the battery which is causing the sudden drop out.

My suggestion would be to try to assess when the battery is getting down to around 7.2 volts and switching batteries or charging before this happens as you will avoid reducing cycle life if you can charge before the complete shut down.

I hope this helps and thanks for the query!

Please let me know if it continues... Like the add says...

If the problem persists consult your (detector) Doctor! :P

Cheers

Trevor

Thanks for the info, Trevor...I don't think the condition is exactly a problem, just surprising...I always have the backup in my pack so it's not a huge problem, just surprisiing as it goes out with a dramatic screach, with no early warning that it's getting weak...All in all, I think CT has added immensely to the enjoyment of beeping with the pocket rocket....I do have one suggestion, though, and that is the output physical connection that is a two prong plug in...Mine has had several dramas with poor connections...The plugin approach seems inferior to the screw down connection....Thank you for responding...Cheers, Ron

Hi Uncle Ron,

Hope all is well in the "W"

Couple of things: one Lithium is notorious for just falling flat on it's face. We used them in radios in the Marine Corps 20+ years ago and their discharge curve is so different from most batteries. They are at almost full voltage until they are nearly completely discharged. They don't discharge gradually it's an all or nothing deal.

The 2nd point is that I use black electrical tape to keep my battery in the regulator. It only costs a dollar or two at Harbor Freight for a roll of 10. I like that the Li batteries are not proprietary that keeps the cost of replacement batteries competitive.

I do agree that the way they are currently designed is not conducive to beating through the bush and over hill and wash. I think you will find though that taping them in place will eliminate most of the problems.

I look forward to meeting you some day and until then I wish you and yours all the gold you can carry,

-Joe

I have worked my Pocket Rocket system fairly hard for about two years now and have never had a problem

with any part of it. I try to not run either batt. for over 6 or 6 1 /2 hrs. before changing to another battery that way I don't run either of them flat.

Thats when I am using the Coiltek 14" mono. However it seems that I do get more time out of a battery if I'm working the smaller DD coil.

I would'nt take my money back for the system that I bought from Rob.

Bob T.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I can't say enough how great the "Li-Ion System" is! ;) It's so small and lightweight that you can mount it right to the side of the metal detector.

Including this "Li-Ion" system in my current GPX-4000 bundle package is a great advantage.

Trev - Great talking with you last night on the phone. Sounds like you have some great ideas and new stuff on the way. Also, you know your products are great when the competitors are using them behind the scenes! :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

ar group;

I swear by the two PocketRocket systems that I use! Just the weight and size savings over the stock ML lead acid boat anchors are a blessing! I was suffering from back pains whilst using the ML batteries and the PocketRocket completely eliminated this problem for me. I LOVE MINE!

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Guys,

JP - It just reinforces that Coiltek is making great products when competitors are using them behind the scenes. Hey, I've used tested some NF coils in the past, but ended up going back to what I prefer the best "Coiltek Manufacturing." Keep in mind, what is best for me might not be the best choice for you. :blink:

Lamar - With Trev @ Coiltek back in the drivers seat, things will only get better. It took some time to get everything organized I believe, but Trev has some amazing ideas and a lot of very succesful "Australian" and "US" prospectors to help him test his products.

The Coiltek Li-Ion "Pocket Rocket" Battery Systems are still selling very, very well.

Take care,

Rob Allison