Some Gold Nuggets from Today

• Admin

Hello All,

Today Glenn, Brandon, Dennis and I got out for some nugget hunting. We hit a bunch of different spots and ended up with a nice batch of gold nuggets for the day.

At the end of the day I hit a very nice 8.6 Dwt gold nugget about 4-5 inches underwater. The Coiltek Platypus Mono really helped out on this target since I was able to submerge the entire searchcoil underwater to pinpoint and extract the nugget.

The gold nuggets on the bottom are mine. Dennis found the ones on the left. Glenn found the ones on the top left. The single nugget on top is Brandon's.

Three GPX-4000's and one GP3500 all using "Orange coils!" ;)

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

The big one I found on the bottom of the coil is 8.6 Dwt's. It was approx 5-6 inches underwater and then about 2 inches in the bedrock. Total depth was only about 8 inches max. It was a screaming target on the Coiltek Platypus Mono when I ran the coil under the water. It seems like 99% of the targets underwater are iron rubbish or bullets, but this one turned out to be a nice Bradshaw nugget. :D

The gold in the picture is from 4-5 locations throughout the day.

Miner Matt - Hope all you guys do well out there!

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello JW,

The Platypus Mono is one sweet coil. I'm amazed how sensitive it is on small gold and gets great depth. I personally don't do a lot of underwater searching since we live in Arizona, but it sure came in handy Sunday. The $400 gold nugget paid for the coil and some! :D

P.S. Always have them in stock when you're interested.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Great stuff guys...

good to see the amphibious coil working well and being used in all types of terrain. I personally love the fully potted coils but here in Adelaide it is mostly dry hunting like in Arizona i guess...

keen to come and check it out in a year or so... Business trip!

Well done

Trev

Well another day with Flak and Matt, I got the skunk again! But matt got three for about 1.6 DWT and Flak got two for around 1.2 DWT. They didn't take any pictures, but Matt said the mono Platypus was the best coil he had ever run, on of them nugget was only about the size of a #8 bird shot. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Sorry to hear you got the old skunkaroo, but know you will get over a piece the next trip out. I think you done better with your SD than the GPX-4000! :P Congrats to Flak and Matt.

P.S. You think the new Platypus is hot, you haven't seen anything yet. :o:huh:B)

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob, Glenn, and Dennis it sure was good to get out with you you guys again. Rob I got to use Glenns platypus coil this weekend and I sure enjoyed using it. I could not believe how hot is was but the most amazing part was the weight :o it was so light. Tell me How would you stack up the Wallaby mono to the platypus.

Happy Hunting

HotRock

P.S. made it out yesterday for 3 hours and squeeked out 2 more nice nuggs :D

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Grubstake - Can you send back that GPX-4000? LOL .... :P I really love mine, so I'm glad you have one now and I know you're going to hit big with yours! I was hoping to make it back up there sometime before the year end, but looks like it will be next year. I'm hoping to do another 5-6 day trip.

Brandon - Congrats on the new nuggets. There's going to be a bunch of nuggets found this year between us four. I'm guessing we are going to find at least 200-300 nuggets amoung us, but always hoping for a real good patch that will produce a hundred or so nuggets in one place.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Today Glenn, Brandon, Dennis and I got out for some nugget hunting. We hit a bunch of different spots and ended up with a nice batch of gold nuggets for the day.

At the end of the day I hit a very nice 8.6 Dwt gold nugget about 4-5 inches underwater. The Coiltek Platypus Mono really helped out on this target since I was able to submerge the entire searchcoil underwater to pinpoint and extract the nugget.

The gold nuggets on the bottom are mine. Dennis found the ones on the left. Glenn found the ones on the top left. The single nugget on top is Brandon's.

Three GPX-4000's and one GP3500 all using "Orange coils!" ;)

Take care,

Rob Allison

That big one is awesome!

signed the guy always looking to break his personal best. 105 grains :D