RAIN! RAIN! Finally

I've been waiting for this I have a spot a sand bar( good highbanker spot ) I've been wanting to work on buckeye creek just needed this water.

Heading to the San Joaquin river Sunday hoping to hit a spot there maybe one last time before the river gets too high hoping its not already :o

Thanks Grub.

I did go out yesterday morning wanted to check out a creek in Auberry on tollhouse found some color but very little then the rain hit. I stopped also to hit a pile of red dirt that the road crew left I was getting good signals then the rain came down in a torrential and I had to get the detector inside.

It's freaken Gorgeous out right now going to go do some fishin, have a good weekend.

Vini

When I was a kid we lived at Railroad Flat.

My Dad drove a dump truck part time for an

old fellow that had a gravel operation down on

the river. Dad would stop by the house with a

load of gravel and eat lunch.

Us kids would highgrade the top of the load.

At the time gravel and rock was better money

than mining. You couldn't believe some of the

gold in some of those rocks.

You may want to check out some of the gravel

roads and driveways around there.

I went to that last year Grub i had a girlfriend up there then, nice parade.

I know its up there sawmill I can smell it B) . Theres a mountain up there that looks like there taking the whole top of it off I'd love to go check that site out but I think the road was gated, might be a granite quarry or someones building a huge house up there, it looked like a very large area. Thanks though I will do some more searching up there and research I know theres mines up there some where just haven't done much research YET but i will thats close to home for me. I used my small high banker there all indications of gold bareing minerals were there, black sands, quartz, granite, bedrock etc, all were in the creek just not much gold where I was digging.

Yeh that whole mountain belongs to Deiter, the one that owns the Market, he's going to be biulding some condaminums on that place and some low cost housing, so he says. They filled in a few mine shafts up there. I have asked him to detect up there, but have yet to be granted permision. Grubstake

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Most, if not all the major drainages in Arizona are running! :blink: I'm sure once the water calms down and clears up there will be some good dredging.

It rained all Friday night here and this morning a bit. Leaverite and I got out for a bit of prospecting and dodged pretty much all the rain. We both found a nugget in a new spot today.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison