Where did my button go?

What the hell? I was detecting away and hit the deep scan button on the handle of me 4000 and what no button. Where did it go dam it. Is it warrantied? Can I just get the button somewhere?

im not a dealer, youd have to get the final from Rob, but im sure that minelab would cover it and replace it.

anytime ive ever had any kind of problem with a minelab detector, ive called minelab direct and they have been on the spot to fix it ( including sending me parts,coils,etc)

• Admin

Hello Dredger,

Yep, I lost a couple of buttons over the years. First one was on my GP3500 and then one on my GPX-4000. I found one of them and "Super Glued" it back on and it hasn't fell off since. I would think it would be covered under the "one year" parts warranty.

To outright purchase the push button handle it's $60.00.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

No I got no nuggets at all. I think I lacked confidence without my Deep Scan Button. Fun thing is I remember it being red. But I guess not, all pictures I've seen are green and everyone says it was green. I kinda like that glue a nugget on it thing. If I had enough nuggets maybe I should do that.

• Admin

Hello Dredger,

Don't sweat it too much, we will get it taken care of. The button is Green, but I'm sure it popped off and you didn't find it. Who did you get your GPX-4000 from? :D

For anyone that had it pop off, I recommend a tab of Super Glue and it will never fall off again.

If you glue a nugget in place of the button you will never get skunked again! :P

Have a Merry Christmas,

Rob Allison

Rob that 4000 was bought from you. :D I've looked everywhere. I guess it wasn't a deep scan button after all it must have been a self destruct button because it sure must of blew up. LOL.

I can't glue a nugget to the button because I glued my last nugget to the top of the coil :)

Excuse me for intruding in on this post guys.... but what's a "deep scan button"? Are you talking about the ground balancing button on the handle?

Just curious

Del

Ya Del just making light of a situation. I tried put the nugget on there guys but added to much weight. Maybe I can find a smaller nugget. I like swinging 18' and 20" coils and with all the weight of the nugget button I think I'm gonna have to drop down to a 8" :D