Some Recon for New Years Nuggets

• Admin

Hello All,

Today Leaverite and I done some recon in some new spots. The area required quads and a lot of leg-work. However, the long haul landed us with almost a dozen gold nuggets and a new area to prospect. Leaverite found signs of old hand-stacking in one remote wash where a few gold nuggets were found today.

I ended up with (8) and Leaverite with (3). All the gold nuggets were found with Minelab GPX-4000's and Secret Coiltek Searchcoils. :huh:

Take a gander at the pictures below.

Rob Allison

Nice Rob all the same size gold how good are your secret coils on the small stuff?

Take care,Matt

HAHAHA!

funny how that works eh?

i had this spot one time i was dredging, and i pulled around 2oz out of this area. funny thing was that it was mostly nuggets, and every single one of them weighted just between 1 and 1 1/8thdwt....looked like the suckers were classified or something down to that size....

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Terry - A high clearance Jeep or quad is the way to go. For years I was tearing up my 2000 GMC Full-size trying to access some of these areas. I finally broke down and purchased a Polaris 500 EFI Deluxe Sportsman! :D I'm now able to travel faster, less wear and tear on my vehicle and see country that I've never accessed before (too far to hike).

Mick - Drove by that way a couple weeks ago and thought about stopping by, but didn't have your number off hand. Another guy that is staying in that same park just recently purchased a GPX-4000. We still need to get out together like I promised. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take care,

Rob Allison