MLK Day Nuggets

• Admin

Hello All,

Today Leaverite and I done some exploring, but ended back in a wash that was very productive in the past. We both re-worked the wash working very slow and listening for those faint whispers. Dennis and I both ended up with some nice nuggets.

Leaverite scored a nice 1.8 Dwt piece, while I scored a smaller 1.1 Dwt and a 0.4 Dwt piece. The gold is very local, but haven't been able to find the source.

We both were using the Minelab GPX-4000's with Coiltek Searchcoils. :D

Take a gander at the picture below.

Rob Allison

Now that gold looks very familiar, I think I left those behind for a rainy day, whoops, I guess it doesn't rain here in Az. Congrats on the nuggets, I can't believe we are still pulling them out of that area. I got three little ones yesterday from a wash not too far away. My phone was breaking up when you called me earlier. I think I know which boulder you guys rolled out of that wash, I tried several times to move it but it was just too much for one guy, keep up the good work. glenn

• Admin

Hello Glenn,

It's amazing how much gold was really there. I believe I'm close to two ounces myself out of that spot. Exploring the area today I found a couple others spots that might show potential. Will have to check them out in the near future.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Dave,

The country rock is Granite, but does have Schist Intrusives. I believe most of the veins are along the contact zones of both rock types. This was does have a lot of fines and probably a bunch of smaller crystalline nuggets that we can't hear.

Take care,

Rob Allison