Gold Last Weekend, Silver This Weekend

Man, the last 2 weekends are starting to make up for the last 3 years of detecting! My beeping buddy and I headed out Saturday and had a pretty much banner day.

We hit a park that hadn't been hit before and pulled out some clad plus his first target was a wheat penny. Woohoo! Then we hit a newer school and the bleachers were open for detecting. We did pretty good on quarters and dimes. Then a little tot lot at the same school for a 7 dime pocket spill. While we were there, a guy who lived next door said we outta try the old elementary school "between the goal posts".

We headed over there and he pulled out a sweet .925 silver Indian Chief ring and I managed to snag my 2nd ever silver coin....a 1954 quarter. It had a hole drilled in it so it could be attached to a necklace. No necklace showed up, though.

All in all, we got about $9 in clad between us and the silver.

Yep, I bought a lottery ticket Saturday, but didn't do any good there.

Kajun

TXKAJUN

Don't it feel good when you have good luck like you did.I love finding the rings and silver but I never turn down clad coins.Them clad coins will pay for your next detector you may want.

Vini

I don't know about Kajun but I use the digger that's put out by Lost Treasure and others sell some like it.Now I got the one that has a solid handle plus it cost less.You can stand on it but I've yet damage it.

Kajun

Have you ever found a silver dollar? I got pass that one but now working on that gold coin and have been for years.

Keep posting!

Chuck Anders

Guest Mike C...

Hi Kajun--sounds like your on the right track--what kind of coin beeper you using ??? IMO the lesche digger is the best--its a little pricey but you get what you pay for--I've bent and broke plenty of cheeper diggers---just my 2 cents worth-Mike C...

Vini, I use a Lesche digger. Plus I pinpoint with my Tinytec Deluxe, so I can usually pop out a coin on my first try. It doesn't leave much of a trace, so I don't worry bout gettin' in trouble for it. When I have to dig, I do a plug and replace dirt and plug as best as possible.

Chuck, yah, the clad do add up. I take 'em, give em a spin in my rock tumbler with some water, dish detergent and aquarium gravel, then a couple of times a year, I take 'em down to the gun show and buy silver coins with em after using some of them to pay my entry fee. :) So far, the only silver I've found is a 1908 dime and the '54 quarter. I'm working my way up. I figure next will be a 50 cent piece, then comes the dollar and then a gold coin! LOLOL

Mike, I'm using my faithful, trusty Ace 250 Pro with the large coil. It's been out-hunting my buddies new DFX, but he's only got a month or so on it.

Last Saturday, he and I ran the river from behind one of the subdivisions west of town down to the reservoir. Took us about 5 hours. We hit tons of campgrounds, but a bunch of 'em had .22 & .38 shells all over that made beepin darn near impossible, but we did ok. Then we hit a couple of schools in town and each of us pulled out a 1945 wheatie....one at each of the schools..plus some more clad! We're gonna hit them again! Total for that day was about $9 again. Then on Sunday, we went back to where we found the silver ring and quarter and hammered it hard. No more silver, but we pulled out about another $7-8 in clad and I managed to find a copper ring.

We've got a lead on a big party place along another river close by and plan to hit there this coming weekend. It's been a party place for over 50 years, so it's probably gonna be junky as heck, but we're gonna try. Then, we've got our eye on another little park and school in a small town nearby that we want to hit.

The weather here's been great! Up to about 70-75 degrees midday, starts out at about 45-50 in the morning when we head out.

Thanks for all the comments!!

Kajun

P.S.

If one of ya'll with a Minelab PI detector wants to head down here, we know a guy who lost a 2+ oz gold and 8 diamond ring when he was putting in a little water pipe. It's probably buried about 14"-24" and neither my buddy's DFX or my Ace 250 or Minelab Eureka Gold will pick it up. And yep, we've tried....twice!