Minelab Sold To Codan...?

Wow, found this on another website...

Hope it doesn't go the First Texas/ Fisher way... At worst we could see the end of ML dominance... Or at best a truckload of false advertising... :lol:

"The F75 is a brand new machine and has no relation to the T2..." Ah, yeah and my farts smell like roses, wanna smell? :P

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02...ction=australia

JW

JW

I hope that Minelab Metal Detectors don't go to hell in a hand basket. I've gripe about their price but alot of times the new company will lose direction and just shut that part down.

I didn't like when fisher sold the first time and then on the second time Texas First moved in.

I hope this not a sad day for Minelab Detector buyers.

Chuck Anders

I'm a huge Explorer fan, its a great machine with all those tones and the megadepth capacity...

As much as I have no idea where they could go next after the SE I hope it is forward and not away, would truly be a sad day if they stopped making units for the general public... Although the value of my GPX would go way up! :huh:

Or we could get better stuff from this!! :rolleyes:

Could happen!!!

OK, so i'm a dreamer... :D

JW

This isn't the first time Minelab has been sold, seems to me it got even better, as look what evolved many new units and new and better technology, don't think the new owners are going to bite the hand that is feeding them.............Good hunting Geo

Guest Mike C...

Ridgerunner--as far as fisher selling out--I beleive now-(I did'nt at first) it was for the best as they were going bankrupt and now theres a new deeper beeper on the market called the F75 which in my opinion goes just as deep as the EX series and is more sensitive to lower conducting metals and is alot faster in trash seperation and it weighs next to nothing-where the EX will have the edge is at the wet sand beaches--so my point being is--change might be good-hopefully all the minelab usa employees will stay there because their service is second to none-Mike C... :ph34r:

Mike C

I'll take your word on the F75 being I never had one in my hands. I have had the Gold Bug 11 and I think it is a good gold detector but like Kellyco it's good,better,best.I'd say with any detector it all about who hands it's in that makes it one are the other.

I hope it's the best for Minelab and us that buy their product.

JW.

I too think like you about the SE.It's one hot detector and if you will stick with it you can't help but like it.

Chuck Anders

If I was Codan and I had just put out the big bucks for this company call Minelab.The first thing is to show a increase in revenue by taking one of it's products and turn it from digital analog called GP4000 to a full digital called Gp4500.

It's said make it and they will come!

Who knows I may take up tea leaf reading! :rolleyes:

Chuck Anders

If I was Codan and I had just put out the big bucks for this company call Minelab.The first thing is to show a increase in revenue by taking one of it's products and turn it from digital analog called GP4000 to a full digital called Gp4500.

It's said make it and they will come!

Who knows I may take up tea leaf reading! :rolleyes:

Chuck Anders

you can rest assured that the minelab metal and gold detectors..are pennys compared to the government contract for mine detectors..ide bett that these gp 4000 for 4500.00 will do just as good at finding land mines..as the 20.000 mine detectors do...just my opinion on it,,,,from what i hear there is supose to be a couple more mfg that are going to have pulse detectors for gold for a fraction of the minelab somewhere around a 1000 bucks..anyways weather they still make em or not atleast ive got a gp4000..and if this wont find the gold nothing will....

I agree, ButI think its going to come down to upgrading your machine with a software download in between an occasional hardware upgrade. Well see. B) AzNuggetBob

heres my thought i aint been gold hunting long...but from what ive seen..everyone where ive been has the 4000..at the tune of 4000.00....and ive seen alot of gold dug up..but the funny thing is one of them 100.00 bounty hunters would have found all the gold ive seen dug up..and iam not kidin 1 bit

heres my thought i aint been gold hunting long...but from what ive seen..everyone where ive been has the 4000..at the tune of 4000.00....and ive seen alot of gold dug up..but the funny thing is one of them 100.00 bounty hunters would have found all the gold ive seen dug up..and iam not kidin 1 bit

What? :blink: AzNuggetBob

I dont think so, have U tried a 4000? B) AzNuggetBob
hi bob tom is right that some of the gold could have been found with a BH at least a majority of it where we hunt here in norcal...I find just as much gold with a troyx5 as I do with a 4000..ans yes tom owns a 4000...catch you later..have good day...hoss

hi bob tom is right that some of the gold could have been found with a BH at least a majority of it where we hunt here in norcal...I find just as much gold with a troyx5 as I do with a 4000..ans yes tom owns a 4000...catch you later..have good day...hoss

I don't own a $100 bounty hunter but I do own a $300 bounty hunter- it was my first detector and since then I have bought a couple other types of detectors that I use for gold. Yes my bounty hunter will find gold if it is at least one ounce and solid and laying on top of the ground- and by the way it would help if the gold nugget had a flag and strobe light on it

Ken

I don't own a $100 bounty hunter but I do own a $300 bounty hunter- it was my first detector and since then I have bought a couple other types of detectors that I use for gold. Yes my bounty hunter will find gold if it is at least one ounce and solid and laying on top of the ground- and by the way it would help if the gold nugget had a flag and strobe light on it

Ken

I like Ken's field test report. :lol: I had one of these back in 1979or 80 I traded it in on a Tesoro, I don't regret that decision. When Jack Gifford split from BH he took some good ideas with him. AznuggetBob

Hi Reg, I think your correct on that Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter thing, they look the same? I also think that nugget was a once in a life time deal. For the finder and the detector and I think it was not that deep for its size anyway. I'm not saying you cant find gold with almost any metal detector, you can. But personally I don't have the time or the patience for them.

Getting back to Codan, If they did buy Minelab, have you seen their website? They are heavily into micro wave and military portable wireless communications and have been for quite a while. I'm optimistic that if they combine their engineers with Minelab engineers you are going to see some very interesting new metal detectors come from them.

Now if they can just figure out how to block their own RF and micro wave interference completely! I'LL really be impressed. :lol::lol: Take care AzNuggetBob