Gold Nugget from this weekend

• Admin

Hello All,

Not much of a story to tell besides I found this 3.5 Dwt gold nugget in an old hammered out patch. Worked Saturday and Sunday on some old spots, but only managed to find one decent nuggets and 5-6 iron rubbish targets at depth (missed).

Was playing around with various settings on the GPX-4500, but found the gold nugget in "Deep/Enhance/DD, Deep Audio, 8 Stabilizer, 10 RX Gain."

Nugget was approx. 12-inches and on edge in a bedrock crevice.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Karl,

I've lately been using the new Coiltek 18.5-inch Elliptical Goldstalker Mono Searchcoil. This coil is a real sleeper for deep gold nuggets, especially on the GPX-4000 or GPX-4500.

Friend went up around the San Domingo placers this weekend and nailed a nice 4 Dwter at depth along with several smaller ones the first time with the new coil.

The new Coiltek Goldstalkers Searchcoils are really making a name for themselves! ;)

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yo Rob...I tried to dial in "Deep/Enhance/DD, Deep Audio, 8 Stabilizer, 10 RX Gain." on my old greenie sd2100, but couldn't figure it out...All I could get was turn top nob clockwise and bottem nob counter clockwise...Then I din't find nothin' but bullets... :angry::):lol: Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hello Guys,

5150 - I'm so limited on free time right now it's fun just getting out and at least finding one nugget. I know I've hammered this spot many times, so I'm excited to get the new GPX-4500 over some other spots.

Uncle Ron - I actually just got a used SD2100 in that is for sale. However, during the meantime I'm going to conduct some tests with it against the new GPX-4500.

Dakota Slim - Yes, the nugget is from Rich Hill and from the 24k claims. The last couple of trips I've found almost 13 Dwt's of deeper nuggets with the GPX-4500. Wish I had more free time to spend out there and other spots.

Matt - I've never seen any differences from using DD vs. the Mono mode, but do it more because I have faith in what a few others have told me. From time to time I will flip it back and forth, but never seen any real advantages from one to another. Makes me wonder if it really matters ....

Take care,

Rob Allison