The Filming is Officially Over!

NEW GPX DETECTING VIDEO - Coming Soon!

Hi Everyone,

This past weekend marked a major turning point in a project we have been working on for some time. Despite triple digit temperatures and swarms of bugs, I am pleased to announce that we officially concluded our filming for a brand new video production!

Shot in the heart of Arizona gold country, this new instructional DVD is geared towards the Minelab PI metal detectors, specifically the GPX-4500. My goal was to demystify Minelab’s latest gold machine by providing straight forward explanations of the controls with actual “real life†demonstrations in the field. We discuss the new features found on the 4500 and when a person should use them, along with addressing the unique conditions detectorists face in the US.

Hosted by myself, the video makes a whirlwind tour of the central goldfields region with special guest appearances from some of the top hunters in the state. Viewers will have the opportunity to hear from renowned prospectors Rob Allison and Bob “Montana†Dansie as they share their experiences with the GPX-4500 along with helpful hints for choosing proper settings. Other topics covered include: dealing with trash, pinpointing, ground balancing, target recovery, detecting techniques, coil selection and more! There are also some great live “nugget digs†captured on tape.

We don’t have an exact date yet as to when the DVD will be ready to ship, however we anticipate a release towards the end of summer. We are currently in the editing stage and I will be sure to keep everyone updated with the progress. Also, keep watch for a sneak preview video clip coming very soon!

Before signing off, I’d just like to say that this project would not have been possible without the incredible dedication of our hard working crew, especially Joe Kauffman and Steve Gholson who shouldered a bulk of the load. They were a great group to work with and I thank them all for helping make this video become a reality. :)

A few photos taken during the filming of the new video. Left - Right: Joe shooting me in the Bradshaw Mtns. My interview with Rob Allison. Rob detecting a gully with his GPX-4500. A closer look at some of Bob's Arizona gold.

• Admin

Hello Chris and All,

I first would like to say it was an absolute pleasure to work with you and the AZO Team on this new GPX Instructional Video. Just the short time I spent with you guys brought back a lot of memories. There is no doubt this will be one of the best, quality DVD videos to hit the market.

What's great is the fact it's a GPX-4500 Instructional Video, but since the settings on a GPX-4000 are very similar it would be great for any GPX-4000 user. I know I referrenced the GPX-4000 and some of it's settings several times in the video and I know you also did throughout it.

Without a doubt, a great addition to anyone owning or using a Minelab GPX-4000 & 4500.

I know you covered all the settings in great detail and with your Father's Technical background this part will be great. Seeing all Bob "Montana's" gold (thousands of nuggets) and many of his tips and tricks will also be exciting. Most importantly, it was filmed here in the good ol' USA. :o

Anyone interested in this new DVD video can contact me through email, the forum or phone to reserve one the minute they are done.

I'm probably just as excited, if not more than many of you guys to see this video. I'm sure this is just the beginning for the

AZO team. Hope to be part of many more of their adventures in the future! ;)

P.S. Inquries, questions, thoughts or comments please post here.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey JP,

I really didn't talk too much about settings beyond what I've found out about the "Enhance" mode & Senstive/Smooth or Special. Been really experimenting with various settings on the new GPX-4500 and explained some of them on the video footage. One of my favorite settings is the "Enhance/Deep & Normal or Quiet Audio. Then playing with the Threshold, Target Volume and Stabilizer to find the smoothest setting.

Most of the technical stuff is covered by Chris and Steve. Some good footage of Bob Danise and I working some gold bearing areas. Seeing Bob's nuggets and some stories behind his finds is worth watching the video. I also display and talk about my 6-ounce hit at Alaska in the video.

Joe K. has some very high tech video equipment and software, so I'm sure the DVD video will be a huge hit in the US and Australia.

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison