Another ? on the SD 2200 2v........................

Hello Rob and Detectors,,,

I am running a SD 2200 2v, with a Mono Coil. My ? is. If my machane gets alot of ground noise while I am running a Mono

Coil on it, can I adjust the noise out. (ground noise)...And what kind of adjustments on my switches, or dialings should I

make...Too make it run at its best...I am asking this now cause I cannot get out until the weekend...Your experience is needed and always Greatly used...Thank-You...Bob................ :unsure::girl::unsure:

Make sure you have it ground balanced right, if its still too much noise, turn you theshold up, to where you can just barely stand it, hearing wise, it should smooth it out some. You may be in an are where Mono's just will not work good, A DD is the way to go or a smaller coil so your not over loading the reciever on the detector. 2200 do not have a cancell mode or you could try that. You might try hunting in just channel one, you will lose some sens. but it will still pick up gold. Grubstake

Hi Bob

On mine if the ground is to loud I will try to run the GB in tracking. If its still loud I will try detecting with the coil about an inch off the ground. If that doesnt help I will adjust the threshold to see if I can even it out, the last thing I would try would be to detect in channel 1. The only drawback to that is you take the chance of loosing those faint targets, the same thing goes for any of the above statements. Even if the ground is noisy or if you have alot of em noise you can train your ears to hear the wee woo sound of a good target, but it does get frustraiting :wacko: You can always swicth to the factory 11"DD or some other DD coil like the Coiltek Joey DD pro or the Wallaby they are both pretty stable in bad ground. With mono coils you dont have the use of your discrimination functions, but with DD you do have some minamal adjustments with your level adjust and your disc modes. I dont trust the disc modes so I dont use them.

Thanks

Todd

Thats the problem with bad ground, I run my coils right on the ground, if you are running a mono, and have to run it an inch or so off the ground, you may as well be running a more stable DD coil, that you can run right on the ground, Beleave me after running a 2200 for over 10 years in different ground, I know what I'm talking about. you won't lose too much with a DD and it is sure better on the ears. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Like Grubstake and Todd suggested, with the SD's if you experience very nasty ground you do have the ability to seperate out the channels. I really liked this feature on the SD2100 and the manual ground balance. You could use just one channel and hunt for deeper, bigger gold in very mineralized areas, or use the other channel for smaller gold somewhat near the surface.

There are no many types of mineralization out there, it all comes down to experimenting with Mono's/DD's and some of the settings to see what works best. The most important thing (in my opinion) is to have a Minelab run very stable and quiet. The more background, EMI or other noises you hear will effect your ability to hear those very faint targets that could be small nuggets at depth, or very large nuggets at depth.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison