Electric Wire Strippers ????

Yo All...I know that we have some real smart electronics guys here on the forum with lots of production experience....I am looking to find a wire stripper that is more or less automatic...I.E. you stick the end of a wire into it and it strips the insulation off and, maybe, twists it for soldering ... I know someone out there knows about an economical machine to do this...Thanks in advance, Cheers, Unc

Ron most hardware stores carry strippers similar to those Largo posted only cheaper. Mine work great. If I was going to use them on a regular basis I would spend the money for Kleins, otherwise I would opt for the cheaper ones. I have had mine several years and done a lot of car and house wiring with them and they still work great. Jerry

Hi Uncle Ron

You can find the wire strippers at any electronics parts store but the twister may be another story.You could make one easy from a sewing machine motor with the control foot.Have a cone shape that you can put on the shaft with a cut across it so when you stick the wire in and hit the foot control it twist the wire to the shape of the cone.

Best of luck to you!

Chuck Anders

I used to have some strippers that would clamp on the wire first then pull off the insulation, as I gripped the handles. the mechanism got sticky and in a tight place, didn't work as well as sitting at a bench. I finally went back to the cheapo ones with a screw set in the handle.

Maybe you could invent one and sell it on TV.

Thanks for the suggestions, Guys,...I already have the hand operated ones, several models, but I am looking for a motor operated production unit that can strip lots of wires solder length fast...I used to have one, but it got sold when I closed that business about 10 years ago...I don't remember anything about the one I had...I've found a bunch in the $1,500 - $2,800 range but I was looking for something low cost...Cheers, Unc