Lake Pleasant

I will be visiting the Phoenix area this weekend and want to take some relatives gold panning on Saturday. There will be some little kids so they prefer not to travel too far. I was thinking of going somewhere north of Lake Pleasant along the Agua Fria, but I don't know the area well or the likelihood of finding gold there. Does anyone know of an area in this reason where we will be likely to find a little color and directions on how to get there?

Thanks

James

• 2 weeks later...
I will be visiting the Phoenix area this weekend and want to take some relatives gold panning on Saturday. There will be some little kids so they prefer not to travel too far. I was thinking of going somewhere north of Lake Pleasant along the Agua Fria, but I don't know the area well or the likelihood of finding gold there. Does anyone know of an area in this reason where we will be likely to find a little color and directions on how to get there?

Thanks

James

Are you still interested in directions to a place north of Lake Pleasant? I have directions to old chinese dam on humbug creek. Just let me know.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

The old Chinese Dam might be a good spot for panning if there is water available. There is plenty of fine gold in that area. However, the access is not very easy and might require a 4x4 vehicle if you don't want to walk a ways downhill.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison