Last Weekend's Hunt at the Pushes

• Admin

Hello All,

Been pretty busy around here, but wanted to get some information up about last weekend. The 24K Gold Hunters pushes started up again last weekend. There was probably at least 50 members that showed up for the pushes on both sides of Rich Hill. The first pushes started at 9am, which were on the West side of Rich Hill (Desert Special Claims). From what I seen, only one gold nugget was found on these pushes within the first couple of hours by a new member using a Minelab GPX. The gold nugget was around a Dwt in size.

At 2pm the pushes opened on the Devil's Nest claims. Within no time several gold nuggets were found on the pushes. After the first hour or so, there was probably a dozen gold nuggets found, most of them being around a Dwt or smaller in size.

I spent the majority of Saturday helping others out with tips/tricks and advice on the Minelab PI's. I did get to hunt a bit on the pushes, but only ended up finding small bits of metal and dozer fragments.

Sunday a good friend and I decided to detect outside the pushes and we ended up finding a couple of gold nuggets. The biggest was a 3.1 Dwter, which is pictured below. We were both using the new Lightweight Coiltek Goldstalker searchcoils on the GPX-4500's. Many members were impressed with the weight of these new coils and were eager to get their hands on one ASAP!

Sunday evening I asked around and heard of another 7-8 gold nuggets being found on the pushes. Giving an educated guess, I would say about 20 gold nuggets were found on the pushes during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). I know many members has plans to return during the week to use larger coils hoping to punch down deeper for some potential bigger gold nuggets.

Overall the moral was good and many new members found their first gold nuggets.

Here are a few pictures of the pushes and nuggets we found.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...

Well Rob I finally gave in and joined the 24k again--it will be nice to hit that area once again and I'll be out there today--it sounds like everyone had a good time-nice nuggets :rolleyes: -Mike C...

Earl, the secret is out. Dennis drove past me on his quad this morning and I think he was wondering where the cartoons were being shown. I can't be sure because I've never met Mike C but I think he drove past me too. He was wondering where the pushes were. You better bring lots of lollipops and popcorn next time you come out.

Sunday a good friend and I decided to detect outside the pushes and we ended up finding a couple of gold nuggets.

A lot times the best gold is found hunting where everyone else isnt hunting. Sounds like you guys had some great fun however. The season is almost over up here, I'm looking forward to seeing you all in February.

Chris

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Mike C. - Great to hear you joined the club. Elly possibly said the next pushes will be done with the larger dozer. I'm hoping this is the case, as the larger dozer always seems to get down deeper and the end results is more gold nuggets for the members.

Dutchman - I think Dennis might have liked those Cartoon's! :wacko: He loves his Crusty the Clown T-Shirt.

Take care guys,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...

Hi Rob I did'nt find any gold but found many bits of metal and nails on push #2 which is the old cactus push from the Drisco days--many nice nuggets came off that old push but why are they still pushin it :blink: as far as a bigger buldozer goes YES they do need to do that as I could still see patches of weeds and grass on the push which tells me that no scraping depth was accomplished- :unsure: --anyway hopefully she will push deeper the next time---its still nice to be able to beep that area again :rolleyes:

Slim was that you with the lady---Mike C... :ph34r:

Hey Guys,

Mike C. - Great to hear you joined the club. Elly possibly said the next pushes will be done with the larger dozer. I'm hoping this is the case, as the larger dozer always seems to get down deeper and the end results is more gold nuggets for the members.

Dutchman - I think Dennis might have liked those Cartoon's! :wacko: He loves his Crusty the Clown T-Shirt.

Take care guys,

Rob Allison

Mike C, that was not me with the lady. I was with the skunk. A handsome young feller drove by #2 as I loaded the skunk and assorted trash into my Samurai. He was headed up the hill in a nice pickup with his 4 wheeler still in the back. He asked me where the pushes were and I gave him directions. I though maybe that was you.