Some New Gold Finds!!

• Admin

Hello All,

Below are some new gold finds from the last couple of weekends worth of nuggethunting. I was using the Minelab GPX-4500 and several of the new Coiltek Goldstalker Lightweight Searchcoils for all of these finds. All the gold is from the Arizona goldfields.

Picture 1 - Almost 3/4's of an ounce of gold nuggets a partner and I found. The biggest gold nugget is 6 Dwt, then the next is 3.7 Dwt. Three small gold nuggets that were found later are not pictured.

Picture 2 - Four gold nuggets I found today working a new location. We spent the majority of the day searching for new placers. I hit these gold nuggets in the first location we checked, but couldn't seem to turn anymore up. Biggest nugget was 2 Dwt's, total was 3.5 Dwt's.

Picture 3 - Friends gold nuggets he has been finding up in the Prescott region. Biggest is 1/3 ounce, second is a 1/4 ouncer and then smaller. He is also using the Minelab GPX-4500 and new Coiltek Goldstalker Searchcoils.

P.S. I've been testing the new 6-inch round Goldstalker Mono. Wow ... very impressive to small gold. ;)

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Dutchman,

The ones I found today were very rough. The biggest one has some ironstone and quartz on it. They were all found below a very rotten quartz outcrop. I have yet to find anything shedding down from the outcrop, but believe it was probably the source of the gold found.

These nuggets were no where close to Rich Hill. :blink: An old "unlocated" placer we are chasing down, hopefully today proved we are on the right track at finding it.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Here are those four new pieces I found last weekend. I'm anxious to get back to this location and explore more. Lots of old prospects and no sign of any metal detector being in this area. Found the four below with a Minelab GPX-4500 and Goldstalker Mono Searchcoil.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Frosty - Great to hear from you. Do you still have your Minelab metal detector? Any plans to come back out to Arizona for some nugget hunting?

Hammer - We went back to check out some surrounding spots near there, but we struck out. Seen some interesting country, but couldn't get our searchcoils over gold this time around.

Don - The top nuggets were all found with the Coiltek 18.5-inch elliptical Mono. The four nuggets I found in the second picture I was using the Coiltek 14-inch elliptical, but took the picture on the 18.5-inch. The bottom nuggets were found by another partner of mine and he was using the 18.5-inch elliptical Mono also around the Prescott region (Bradshaw Mountains).

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

I still have my GP-3K and have done some beeping here in Colo. without any luck (except for the usual bullets, wire, boot tacks, RR spikes etc.) I did find some ore which is what they mined in that area that I have been beepin, how much Au is in it I don't know. Every so often I'll take a look at the nugs I got in AZ and it keeps the gold fever alive & well & I keep telling myself I need to get back to AZ to do some real Au hunting, I click my heels together 3X's and keep saying There's no place like Az for Au, there's no place like Az for Au :lol: The illegal aliens have kept me busy(minuteman thing) & I deployed to Houston & Galveston Tx. for 3 weeks for the hurricans and now the snow has hit Colo. so beeping is pretty much done for the year.

With a little bit of luck & $$$, I'll try and make it down in "09".

Take care & watch your back, keep on beeping - Frosty