gp 3000 and coils question

hi all, i am still useing my old trusty gp 3000 it has found me over 10 oz. since ive had it :) i said last year when gold went to a 1000 i would sell some and get a 4500 but i just couldnt get myself to sell it maybe this coming year. anyway im interested in geting one of the new coiltek coils and was wondering if anyone was useing them on the 3000 series? i now have a coiltek miniufo serial 0199 its my favorite, a ml 3000 11" a ml gp extreme 18" and a ml super gold search. every thing i hear about the new coils sounds good. would like to hear what you guys think. thanks and happy hunting, tool

• Admin

Hey Tool,

You know what I think about them! :D:) These are the best coils I've ever used on a Minelab metal detector. I have a couple of customer testimonies that I just received, so I will post them. One was on the new 16-inch round and the other was a 18.4-inch elliptical.

Coiltek also has a new 6-inch Mono Round coming out in early 2009. I'm currently testing this little guy right now with great success on small gold.

Take care,

Rob Allison

hello toll just thought ide chime in on your post...i hear the new gold stalker is a good coil..ive never used one...i can tell ya however the 8 inch minelab mono coil is a smoking hot coil for the small gold...dont know about big gold because ive never found anything over 3 gram,s..i will say ive dug birdshot at atleast a foot or more and the signal was blasting......i started with a 3000...and then got a 4000...the 3000 worked as good as the 4000..i was going to get 4500...but a head honcho from minlab told me not to waste the money...anyways....try one of them 8 inch comanders....super queit and sensitive

• Admin

Hey Oakwoodtrucker,

I would agree the Minelab Commander 8-inch is a great coil on any Minelab PI. I sell a lot of these along with the Coiltek Joey 10x5 for small gold.

head honcho from minlab told me not to waste the money

I'm not sure anyone at Minelab would say such a thing, especially a so-called "head honcho." I couldn't imagine going back to the GP3000 after owning the GPX-4000 and GPX-4500. I had to run a DD in most of the areas in Arizona, which ultimately gave me performance loss vs. using a Mono coil all the time on a GPX unit.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

I'm a new owner of the 16" Goldstalker Mono. Rob, suggested it and I'm glad I listened. I wanted a new big coil to work a new gold patch, figuring to cover more ground and to pickup the easy big ones. The first thing I noticed was the hike out, my GP Extreme seemed like my favorite balanced shotgun. I didn't give it much thought, just eager to put this new coil to work. I hit a section of the patch that I pulled some nice gold out the day before. I previously, worked this area with the stock 11" DD and the 8" Mono, size wise maybe 30'x30' section. I turn the Extreme on figuring I'd have to tune her up...I didn't have to, just like I left it the day before. I started swinging and started digging, it was like this little spot was loaded with targets. I was rewarded to my surprise with a little .3 pwt picker about 3 or 4 inches in depth. I thought what is this big coil messing around with this little stuff for. My second thought was I won't have to change coils to hunt the small ones! The coil is great for pinpointing your targets and I don't want to say I wasn't tired, I had a pouch full of trash.

I can do a lot of things, but one for sure is posting pictures to the web...Rob, could you please!

LuckyLundy

• Admin

Hello Tool,

All of the new Goldstalker searchcoils are selling very well. These new coils are extremely light and built very well. They will work on any Minelab PI ranging back from the SD2000 up to the GPX-4500.

It's hard for me to tell you what one is best, since I use them all in different areas. I really like the 14-inch elliptical for shallow areas and bedrock type conditions. I've probably used the 18.5-inch elliptical the most so far, since it was one of the first ones to be released. I've done very well with this coil, paying for it about 5 times over now.

I'm just starting to get reports back from the rounds (16 and 18) since they are the newest Goldstalker coils. I've used the 16-inch more than the 18, since most of my areas are not as open. I've found some very small gold with the 16-inch at depth and a few multi-pennyweight pieces at depth.

I'm also testing the new Goldstalker 6-inch round Mono and it's hot as a pistol on small gold. It also gets great depth for the small coil. This coil won't be released until Jan. 2009.

P.S. LuckyLundy, I will post your picture on a new thread today. :D Thanks for sending it.

Take care,

Rob Allison