First snow of the year

Hi Grubby,

We got about 2 inches up in Groveland in the last 3 hours (I'm going to have to put skis on the bottom of the coil)

As I went out to check on the snow earlier today, one of the bucks that hangs around my backyard came by.....I had to run to get my camera and got this shot.

One of my neighbors will be re-stringing his lights tomorrow....now, If I only had a real long extension cord...!

Rick

post-17083-1229326438_thumb.jpg

post-17083-1229326461_thumb.jpg

Guest sandtrap

Hey Mr. Jim,

Put off coming up here this week !!

Randsburg and Johannesburg , CA....have 4 inches of snow on ground, as of noon today.

Good time to drink coffee at the General Store, but that is about all. !!

Gary we have possible snow flurry's down here in the valley tonight and freeze warning in effect, fixin to get reeeeal cold for us valley floor folks. I was at the hardware store this afternoon every ones getting insulation for there pipes.

The other day, a big buck that hangs around my backyard showed up with a string of Christmas lights tangled in his antlers.

I knew that they posed no danger to him, but he was constantly irritated by their presence. Today, he came by again so I decided to try to help him. Armed with a set of wire clippers and more guts than brains, I set out to relieve him of his decorations.

I put out a pile of horse feed to coax him in close but every time I got near the antlers he would jump back and give me a "just what do you think you are doing" stare. This was not working so (working on the assumption that I am craftier than a deer) I filled a scoop with feed,

held it in my left hand, and clipped a wire with my right every time he dipped his head to the scoop. This was not an easy process but, after

10 anxious minutes, I prevailed.

Here are the pics.

Happy Holidays,

Rick

operationantler112-16-20081-04-00PM.jpg

operationantler212-16-20081-13-15PM.jpg