Anyone Out there using VLF detectors?

I am not asking for the location to your secret patch or for you to give up any information that isn't common knowledge for experienced prospectors.

Might I get some opinions on Places that are Good areas to use a VLF?

I live central Yavapai County (Prescott Area) and have memberships to a couple prospecting clubs.

Any common knowledge that I am lacking would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Admin

Hey Nathan,

Without getting too specific I would focus on any waterways that have exposed bedrock. There are many good gold bearing creeks/washes around Prescott that would be worth looking at. If you can brave the trash, Lnyx Creek has potential along the bedrock stretches.

The entire Bradshaw Mountain Range is worth exploring. Hundreds, if not Thousands of creeks, washes and small drainages that potentially can carry gold nuggets.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Hey Nathan,

Without getting too specific I would focus on any waterways that have exposed bedrock. There are many good gold bearing creeks/washes around Prescott that would be worth looking at. If you can brave the trash, Lnyx Creek has potential along the bedrock stretches.

The entire Bradshaw Mountain Range is worth exploring. Hundreds, if not Thousands of creeks, washes and small drainages that potentially can carry gold nuggets.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Thanks for the advice, again :), and while staying on claims I have a right to be on, I have a lot of hiking to do. :)

Nathan.

• Admin

Hey Nathan,

I seen where you posted you found about 3 Grams of gold on Turkey Creek. I've found some really nice nuggets on Turkey from metal detecting and dredging. Make sure you check out all those shallow and bedrock zones with your Eureka Gold.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Nathan,

I seen where you posted you found about 3 Grams of gold on Turkey Creek. I've found some really nice nuggets on Turkey from metal detecting and dredging. Make sure you check out all those shallow and bedrock zones with your Eureka Gold.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yes, it was still a good gold day. I was just using a 5 gallon bucket and a stream sluice (it was raining so I put up the detector) I will try it out this weekend, heading back out to the same spot.

I am also currently looking at a couple dredges (a 2in and a 4in)

Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...

EE ~ Just wanted to let you know you're not the only VLF shooter out there. I'm running a Minelab X-Terra 70 and am very happy with it.

I can't help you directly with the Yavapai area but, I have found that my VLF works quite well directly under and near monster electrical lines that may be avoided by those using other types of detectors.