GEO Communicator

Good morning everyone,

I have a question about using the GEO Communicator while searching mining claims. I thought I was doing pretty well researching, when I toggle "active claims" I can see where to stay away from but does show you the concentrated areas that may have potential for hunting, now here is the kicker, when I toggle "Surface Management Agency", a majority of these claims are on BLM but yet some are located on U.S. Forest Service.

That's the part I do not get? The only thing that makes sense is that these claims were once BLM land and this land was transffered to the U.S. Forestry after the fact................ or ............... maybe I don't understand the Surface Management Agency map layer.

A little help please! :blink:

Thanks

Tony Teixeira

• Admin

Hey Tony,

I haven't been on the GeoCom. site for awhile, but claims can be on the Forest Service or BLM Land. They are two different land agencies all together. For the most part, BLM has always been easier to file claims with then the Forest.

I thought that layer just showed what was BLM or what was Forest Land ...

I will have to go back and look at it. The GeoCom. is a good site, but keep in mind (no matter what someone tells you) it's not up to current date. The BLM has a "Black Book" that has claims that were just filed within the last week and those claims will not be on the LR-2000 or GeoCom that quickly.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Tony for the BLM and Forest you want to use LR2000 it will show you every claim what is active and whats not, what type of claim, who has it claimed, last time they paid on it the whole bit. Just go to Google and type in BLM LR2000 and you can figure it out from there if you have any problems send me a PM. Hope this helps.

The only difference between a claim on Forest Service land and BLM land is jurisdiction. Yes, it is much easier to get an approved NOI with the BLM vs the twig cops. If you file a NOI with the twig cops, they will automatically require a POO, not so with the BLM.