Minelab Gp series coils?

I have been looking at a few different coils DD, My father uses the little joey DD but i dont want to use that small of a coil i have been looking at a 15 by 12 semi-eliptical commander coil DD and the platypus coil DD i think is a coiltek or atleast sold by them but im not sure what the best option is or if either of those are worth getting

Can anyone help out????

Mike, there are about 40 different coils available...what is your desired use...a good all-round size is 11 to 14 in round or elpytical...I won't get into brands...But Rob sells coiltec and all of them I used were very good...my fav was the mini-ufo coiltec...You don't need several coils to start out...use the 11 stock coil for a while, and use the manual...this is a skill filled hobby with many things to learn. Patience being one of the most important...

fred

Mike. Take Freds advice. Start with a 14" or smaller. The larger coils have a learning curve of their own such as pinpointing , working trashy areas etc. . Get comfortable with the smaller coils and then move up to the larger ones. The smaller coils are also much cheaper.---Bob

• Admin

Hello Mike,

I agree with what the guys stated. When I sell a metal detector to a customer, sometimes they want to purchase a bunch of coils right away. I tell them just play around with the stock coil and get used to that coil, the metal detector and what it's telling you. Once you feel good with the metal detector then you can play around with different coils of your choice.

Just my suggestion.

Rob Allison