4500 settings

Getting better with my GPX 4500. Went to Rich Hill on push day. With the large number of folks there running their detectors - the only way I could get peace and quiet was changing to my DD coil and running in cancel. I have been told that is not recommended, but was the only way to hear that I could determine. Thoughts? Also - any useful sites or info on recomendations on the huge list and combination of options or rules of thumb on condition based changes to settings?

Hi,

One good way to (begin) to understand all the various settings is...

and this is no slam at all at you...read the manual from front to back.

Then, when you are familiar with the terms and how the menu's work,

do a search on this forum under "4500" or "4500 settings" etc.

this should yield a large number of posts relating to your query.

Many will be unrelated, but there are lots of threads to pick through

and glean good workable information.

All the best,

Flak

Angmo. Try this. Timings-Sensitive extra----Motion- Very slow---- Stabilizer -8--- Gain -8---- Audio-Quiet, Fixed Ground balance. If you are using stock coil run it in mono, using the left edge for pinpointing. To tune out interference , use the manual tuner . Take your time while doing this . Turn knob one or two clicks at a time . You should be able to get the detector very quiet at some point on the tuner. Using these settings I would be very surprised if you can't get it smooth enough to work easily.----Bob

Flak . I don't know why, but the manual tuner on the 4500 is incredible . It's possible that it works in conjunction with the stabilizer to achieve a level of EMI immunity that has never been possible before with a PI while still being extremely sensitive. I could never achieve this level of EMI immunity with the 4000. This feature alone made the upgrade well worth it in my opinion.----Bob