Hard times

My uncles Roofing bussiness, has not been going well, so he decided to sell some of his gold today to my buyer, there three nuggets, he also sold a 4th one, that was 1 2/3 oz's for $2000.00 the large one sold for $6000.00 and the second largest sold for $1500.00, the 11.7 DWT nugget sold for $700.00 He still has lots more in the 1/4 to one once range, he may sell, if he does, I will be selling them for him on the forums. Here's pictures. Grubstake All the weights are in DWT. like I said he sold these this morning, but has plenty more if he decides to sell.

Just a short note, he would have never have sold these the plan was to keep them, but when you own your own bussiness, sh88 happens, no one getting roofs put on repode house's. but you workers comp, and expences keep going on. This is all Mariposa gold. prime stuff. Grubstake too bad there not mine, I'd have a new 4500 in the mail. Ha! Ha!

Breakfast and coffee at Laughlin... Then off to the Federation hunt.

Poor Betty Weeks... with my hearing loss I could not in the wind hear

the numbers being called and kept pestering her about the numbers.

I really enjoyed that weekend... I'm glad that you and Dorthy were

able to drive the distance and enter in the fun.... This was the last

Federation hunt to be held at Laughlin. It was well attended with many

great prizes... But better yet, it was a chance to meet old friends and

make new ones...

Well my uncle decided to keep the gold that he has not sold yet, he don't want to piece it out, there about 8-9 oz's left, he said he would keep it or sell the whole collection, but was not going to sell individual nuggets, some of those still left are in one oz and smaller range. Broke his heart to do what he did, just to keep his roofing company afloat. Grubstake

Grubstake... I'm glad that Allen plans on keeping his gold...

Hah, ha... I have very little gold... Most every one (I hope) that is reading

this thread has more gold than I have...

Not only do never I find enough gold to pay for a detector, I do not find

enough gold to buy gas to look for the gold...

Gosh grubstake... have you noticed we have been the only two postiing

on this thread... Everyone else is out looking for gold?

Yes, thats right JIM, rain has just past us, and will rain again next weekend, but the following weekend, Allen will be back for a hunt with me and Maybe Miner Matt. depending on the weather, on another note, we are planning a Rye Patch trip, Memorial Day weekend, If Jim Owens leg is good enough for him to hunt. He moved from Monteey to Carson City a couple of years ago, and a few months back his dog got him taggled up and pulled him down in his driveway, it broke his leg, just below the hip, he now has a 12 inch metal rod in his leg, and is walking with a cane, but still not healed completely. Hopefully by the trip time, he will be. Grubstake

Grubstake... Hard times are followed by Good times... To go out nugget shooting

with Allen, Miner Matt and Jim Owen is the Best of the Best. Sorry about Jim's leg.

I hope the metal rod doesn't interere with his "beeping."

Gosh, Jim Owen's find back about 20 years ago was/still is a Great find... As I

remember it was worth thousands of dollars...

Changing the subject, Gloria and I are now the primary "baby sitters" for our

youngest great grandchild "JJ" as both his mother and grandmother work. "JJ"

is currently a 5 1/2 month very wiggly baby...

So I guess I'm in "Wiggly times."..... GOTCHA???

Jim

Grubstake... Hard times are followed by Good times... To go out nugget shooting

with Allen, Miner Matt and Jim Owen is the Best of the Best. Sorry about Jim's leg.

I hope the metal rod doesn't interere with his "beeping."

Gosh, Jim Owen's find back about 20 years ago was/still is a Great find... As I

remember it was worth thousands of dollars...

Changing the subject, Gloria and I are now the primary "baby sitters" for our

youngest great grandchild "JJ" as both his mother and grandmother work. "JJ"

is currently a 5 1/2 month very wiggly baby...

So I guess I'm in "Wiggly times."..... GOTCHA???

Jim

Yeh Jim, that was a great find, I think it was 81 or maybe 83 Christmas day at the beach in Monterey, it was an 1851 Shults and company 5 dollar gold coin, only 11 existed before that one, his was the 12th, and had a mint flaw. It was sold at auction for $45,000.00. His brother-in-law was detecting with him, and had a habit of jumping in front of him, so when he did, Jim made a right turn, and got a signal, it was under a driftwood board, he kicked the board over and the $5 coin was laying right on top of the sand. Jim was a Fisher dealer at the time and Fisher got losts of write-ups in the treasure magazines, They were so happy, they gave Jim one of every detector they made that year. He bought a new Corvette with the money. Lasting memories. I have know jim since around 1964 he was my uncles best friend and still is. Grubstake

Guest sandtrap

Yep, I've been reading your comments, and yes, I went out beeping today, for an hour.. the minelab got too heavy for my arm, and I quit, after drinking my thermos of coffee.. Is there any market for shell casings, spent bullets, or rusty chunks . the skunks don't want them, so I keep getting them.. ???

The El Pasos are real wet.....

Yes, thats right JIM, rain has just past us, and will rain again next weekend, but the following weekend, Allen will be back for a hunt with me and Maybe Miner Matt. depending on the weather, on another note, we are planning a Rye Patch trip, Memorial Day weekend, If Jim Owens leg is good enough for him to hunt. He moved from Monteey to Carson City a couple of years ago, and a few months back his dog got him taggled up and pulled him down in his driveway, it broke his leg, just below the hip, he now has a 12 inch metal rod in his leg, and is walking with a cane, but still not healed completely. Hopefully by the trip time, he will be. Grubstake

Hey Grubby,

The gang of fools I hunt with usually go out to Rye Patch every Memorial Day weekend. And amost every time we get rained, snowed, hailed, or hurricaned out. We are thinking about a different area this time as the gold is getting scarce, maybe 7 Troughs or Eugenes. That may change however, we may end up back at Rye Patch. Keep me posted and let me know if things change from your end.

Digger Bob

Yeh I will BOB, thinking of Rye Patch or maybe Placeritas, Some where in that area. Also after that we are going to the Royal Peacock mine to dig opals, sometime after that. Not sure when thats going to be. It depends on Jim Owens, he's footing the bill for all three of us on that one. Grubstake

Digger Bob... to quickly change the subject; I used your settings and found

a nice nugget... Sandtrap was with me. He found another earlier just to the

north. Memorial day in Nevada can be iffy... shirt sleeves or coats.

Sandtrap... Next time lets switch detectors. You swing mine and I'll swing yours.

As you know mine can be dismantled from the control box and can be swung

as a pole mount.

Now back to HARD times... I guess it would be "hard" times to be caught

in bad weather... especially as it could be rather severe at times in

Nevada... I well remember the 4th of July, 1954 while camped in the

Prospect Mountains outside of Eureka... Snow! we were lucky to make

it to Eureka and find shelter by staying in the Colonnade (sp?) Hotel in

Eureka.

Grubstake... gold is just gold... as of now it is in demand. As the

dollar weakens, the value of gold goes up... This circle feeds upon

itself...

In times of uncertanty... such as now.... gold "wins out" against

the declining dollar... but we all know that.... The bubble will

burst and gold will drop... maybe in a couple of years, and the lure

of gold will be less... The USA needs a strong dollar, not wild

inflation...

I believe Allen has done all right... You too... He found the gold

while it was likely valued at around 3-500.