Fun Day @ Rich Hill with new Minelab Customers

• Admin

Hello All,

Today my partner and I took several Minelab customers out to the famous Rich Hill area. We decided to try our luck out first on the remainder of the 24K Gold Hunters Claims. On these claims I conducted field instructions to Lynn, a new Minelab GPX-4500 customer. My partner helped Bill and Pat get up and running with their used GP Extreme and XT-18000 they got from me.

Even though some of the best Devil's Nest claims have been sold, I still managed to find a small gold nugget on the claims. My partner and the rest of the group found many targets, so there is still potential for more gold nuggets to be found.

After about four hours of hunting the claims, we decided to try out luck out in the flats. Here it was pretty easy hunting, but you had to weed yourself through all the iron rubbish. Unfortunately, we didn't have any luck down in the flats, but with all the targets still left behind there is more gold to be found. Down in the flats you not only have potential to find gold nuggets and specimens, but many old relics, coins and tokens left behind from the old-timers. Over the years I managed to locate one really nice Octave Token that is valued from $400 - $500 in price! :D

Overall, it was a great day and the weather managed to stay somewhat cool. Below are a few pictures of today's fun nugget hunt.

Thanks Bill, Pat and Lynn for the purchases. I can see that Pat is really wanting a GPX-4500. Let me know when you're ready.

Take care,

Rob Allison