SD2100 and Wallaby Pro DD

Hello, first post on your great forum though I have been reading the posts along time. I have a Sd2100 and a Platypus mono. I was going to get a wallaby pro dd, but I can't find many posts on how they preform on the SD2100 except for one fellow who likes it on his 3500 but prefers monos on his SD2100. I am hopeing to get to Alaska this summer and was thinking I should have a good DD coil along for hot areas and since I am new to this it might help the frustration level out by using a good DD coil. Thank you, Seb

Seb,

I am new to the 2100 also, but have a lot of experience with the later models, GP and GPX's. I may be wrong, but I think the 2100 only accepts mono coils (no discrimination). A DD coil will work in pseudo mono on the 2100 and that is what comes with the V2. The 2200 was the first model that used a DD coil and had discrimination. Some of the long time veterans will have the definate answer. You may be better off just getting a mono, but from what I have read, DD coils in pseudo mono work better is some ground types. Take care.

Cheers,

matt

Seb & Matt...The sd2100 works fine with both DD & Mono coils...It is good to have a DD with the 2100...I have several for mine...The Wallaby mono for the SD2100 is a great coil, but if you don't have a DD of any sort, then the Wallaby DD would be a good choice...Cheers, Unc

Just to add what Uncle Ron said, the DD coil on a SD2100 does not work as a pseudo mono. It works just like a full featured DD coil, you just don't get the sbility to discriminate like you do with the later models because the 2100 does not have discrimination. You may be getting a little confused because the GP units had the ability, when hunting with a DD coil to switch into pseudo mono mode which gave you only the left hand side "D" of the coil to work with. This made the coil easier to pinpoint with and you had a target out of the hole.

Doc

I sort of agree with Bob, I have always liked my mono coils better. Although the DD pro coils act more like monos. And a little known of coil, the 14 inch Beige DD PRO ELITE. was designed especially for machines other than the 4000 or 4500.

While it works on the 4000 and 4500's it doesn't perform any better than a 14 inch DD Pro. However on the GP and SD machines the DD Pro Elite, makes those machines run smooth as silk with increased sensitivity and stability.

Doc

Thank you for your information. It looks like the wallaby dd would be a good choice, but the tan Pro Elite dd that Doc mentiond has some very good reports of being really sensitive. More coils to ponder over. I will be getting the 6" Goldstalker , all the posts I can find on this coil have been very positive, The area I plan on going to had reports the gold was the size of rice grains and nuggets. so hopefully this little coil will work well along the creeks. Seb

Seb, that 6" is a killer little coil...Extremely sensitive and excellent depth...The caveat on it is that it is like trying to paint a wash with a two inch wide brush because you need to practise overlapping of your swings by at least 50% and move very slowly to gain the depth benifits...but you'll be glad you did...Mine more than paid for itself in the first two days (totaling about 4 hours) of using it...The 1/4 ozt. below came from 8 to 10" depth and screamed...Good luck with it...Cheers, Unc

post-30-1236534633_thumb.jpg