2box detectors

using one, think deep and big, along with a certain amount of triangulation.

deep as in a up to 15' hole. big as in a big jar (gallon or so) of coins or posthole bank. these detectors also work well for larger sized meteorites (such as kansas pallasite). Handy for pipes, cavities, tunnels, cables and wires.

with modern detectors (VLF and PI). using a large awkward head may produce the same results up to 8 feet deep, depending on detector range, limits, frequency, electronics, and accesory limits.

A two box detector will ignore smaller nuggets (say less than a couple of ounces) and targets such as individual silver dollars, but will detect metal bars of silver and gold.

links and threads elsewhere:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=t...amp;btnG=Search

http://www.metaldetection.net/english/Dete...s_cabezasAn.htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=t...mp;aq=f&oq=

These links are for both purchase and hunting comparison of 2-box detectors. with 33,000 threads, you're bound to find a few things out, pro and con.

You will be highly disappointed if the ground minerals are severe, two box detectors were designed to be used by Cache Hunters looking for large deep containers they work OK in Dark Loamy soils, my idea of a Cache Hunting Detector now is my 4500 with the largest coil I can swing......However the two boxers do make nice wall hangings or rafter decorations......................Geo

I had a two-box once. great for getting in shape. I mean, after pinpointing a good target, as well as helping a friend dig his hole, I was in shape. 2 weeks of strenuous exercise to discover the badly rusted trunk lid of an old car, 12 feet down.

At one time. these were used a lot, because there wasn't any choice. I let my same friend use it his on a trip back to a midwest town near where he grew up. he found a couple of jars of coins about 4 feet deep, on a property line of the then abandoned property, tracking down the leads from searching old newspapers of the area about hoarders and people who didn't believe in banks.

One guy who discovered a large pallasite meteroid in Kansas, was using a two box he got at a yard sale for $50. He asked me about it before buying it, and I told him for $50, it'd be worth the price just to play around with it, and then put it into the void inside of the garage. $2 million later, he was playing around with it on his neighbor's farm, and using a backhoe (obviously more brains than I), dug up a smaller pallasite that fetched a mere $60,000 for that neighbor. after studying how two box detectors work, he made up a contraption using plastic pipe and a metal antennae grid that he could tow behind the quad, tractor, or pickup, and wet around all over kansas looking for additional meteor material.

If the price is cheap enough, why not start a collection? I should say that you'll find stuff with it, just not able to tell you what. Hope it's not another trunk lid though... Each and every detector has its chiste (cheese tay) (secret or punch line), as does every headphone, amplifier, coil, and detector electronics. Knowledge is useful, and prowess makes the news and fills the wallet.

• Admin

Hey Seeker,

I have to agree with you on this one. Many years ago I knew of a couple of guys that were roaming around an Arizona Goldfield looking for larger nuggets. The problem was the fact the ground was pretty mineralized and before it was all said and done they dug more large craters that ended up being mineralization pockets. They eventually got discouraged and left the area. I guess they figured since one big nugget was found there would be many more out there for easy pickens.

Take care,

Rob Allison