Great Hunt today with Ron from Blythe

• Admin

Hello All,

Today Ron drove down from Blythe, California for his field instructions. We decided to give Rich Hill a try, since it's one of the richest gold districts in Arizona. After a few hours of hunting we ended up turning up a few gold nuggets from some old tailing piles. Later in the day we tried are other spots, but couldn't turn up any nuggets from those locations.

Towards the end of the day I finally was able to meet the people involved in the "Southwest Mineral" group that have purchased a bunch of mineral properties at Rich Hill. I must say contrary to some rumors, they all were very pleasant. Great to meet you Tara, Jerry and others.

Youtube Video -

Picture 1- Gold Nugget I found in tailing pile (about 1/2 Dwt), Picture 2- Ron displaying his new Minelab! Picture 3 - Ron digging a target from Rich Hill.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Great day thanks again Rob. Loving that Joey coil and the straight upper shaft and handle makes a big difference. Just got back home to Anaheim. Could not detect today do too 60 mph plus winds. And we hope that your wife liked the gift.

• 2 weeks later...

It sure is starting to warm up around here!!! Went down above the box canyon over the weekend and found a couple small nuggets without a detector, just a pry bar and a plastic hose to blow dirt away from the cracks.

I wish I had a camera, mine broke. Am going to get one of them that takes simple videos also. Rob, why not pan around with your video camera instead of just starring at the ground the whole video?? Show your old ugly mug and the views of the area also. The water is flowing good at the box, and its COLD!!!!

• Admin

Hey Claimjumper,

Haven't spent much time around the Box. However, heard in some places the gold is pretty good.

I'm just using my digital camera right now to take short videos. I have to keep one had on the camera the whole time, so I pretty much keep the videos short and to the point.

P.S. I don't want everyone to see how good looking I am! :wub:

Take care,

Rob Allison