BLM proposes to restrict off trail and trail use to motorized 4-wheelers

I found this doing a web search for something else thought the forum would want to protest.

actual URL is http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=4659

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is in the process of designating roads and trails where motorized travel will be restricted on BLM lands in Arizona.

BLM's Tucson Field Office recently released a travel management plan for the Middle Gila Canyons, which proposed that cross-country motorized travel for hunting or to retrieve game be prohibited.

BLM is taking public comment on the plan until Friday, May 8. Other plans in various stages of development are: the Bullhead Unit in the Lake Havasu Field Office, La Posa in the Yuma Field Office, and the Black Canyon Corridor in the Hassayampa Field Office. Information about all of these plans can be found at http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/travel_mgmt.html.

Hunter access by motorized vehicles will likely be restricted or prohibited in the other three areas as well. It is important for those who hunt on BLM lands in the state to get involved in the planning processes that are underway, and to review and submit comments on the plan for the Middle Gila Canyons.

The BLM and the Forest Service are developing plans to manage the use of motor vehicles on their lands nationwide. Some of the plans allow for game retrieval off of designated roads and trails and others do not.

It is important for all hunters who hunt on federal lands to check with the local federal office about the status of such plans in that area. Contact information to voice your opinion about each plan can be found at http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/travel_mgmt.html under “Arizona Plans.â€

My local forest, El Dorado National Forest just passed something like this. Closed off many roads, and to insult us further a new seasonal closure of all dirt roads from December 1st to April 1st to protect the roads. The closure can also go into effect sooner and last longer depending on road conditions. :angry:

My local forest, El Dorado National Forest just passed something like this. Closed off many roads, and to insult us further a new seasonal closure of all dirt roads from December 1st to April 1st to protect the roads. The closure can also go into effect sooner and last longer depending on road conditions. :angry:

I read something like this for the gold area of Midpines/Mariposa where the fire went through. Blm is afraid of erosion and looters. ( I guess some old mining equipment burnt) So they have the whole area gated off, and the report suggested they keep it that way. Bummer cause hiking equipment in will not be easy.

Yes they have and because of that, they have seasonally removed access to one of my claims. Something that is legally wrong. PLP ( www.plp2.org ) has all the legwork and documentation together to file suit against the FS. Problem is that they do not have the funds to continue with such a monumental financial task.

Don't think you can turn to Obama for help he's signing off our public land into wilderness so fast to keep us off.The dumb butts at BLM one day will lookup and they won't have a job anymore because it's been given to the Forest Service being it's all wilderness.

Then Obama later down the road will say, I's got all this land so I'll give it away to the poor that's been on welfare all their life so they will have some land to call their own.

I hope they eat every spotted owl in the country!

One day you will look around and ask the question, who voted for him.You will hear nothing!

Chuck Anders

I hate to stand on the other side of the line from you guys, but. I spent the winter in the Quartzsite area to hunt gold and do a lot of hiking. This winter I noticed that there were 3 to 4 times as many quads as there were last year. Most of these riders just ride around on the existing roads. To spoil it for the rest of you, a small number have created many new tracks. Sometimes right beside the existing road because it is smoother. Aside from all the bug dust that is created, the worst problem that I saw was all the new tracks up the sides of steep hills just to see if they can get up. These tracks will never go away. If people cannot treat the land with respect, the government will regulate its use. Goldbug Ron :rolleyes:

Ron

The people of BLM would get out of their office off their fat butt they could stop things like what you said.The trouble is they say we'll stop everybody and make all pay for the few.

I seen what your talking about at Decision corner when a big trailer unloads one atv after another. Now all they done the whole weekend was fly everywhere they went and I know they were not there prospecting.

Chuck Anders