4500's Cherry is gone

As some of you might know . I recently bought a 4500 from Rob. After going out a half dozen times I hadn't found gold with it. Today I went back to where I found the Silver Dog and my first gold nugget. Shortly after noon I found a Nugget or should I say, a picker . 0.2 dwt.. It really does find small gold. I was using the Gold Stalker 9x14 Mono elliptical coil, I think that it is going tobe my coil of choice. Now I can relax and have fun. :D:D:D Happy hunting everyone.

Congratulations doug on your first nugget. that always takes the edge off. You've got the best machine, in my opinion you also have the best all around coil out there too, and your not missing much if your finding them that small. Get over some good ground and you'll do well. Good luck. AzNuggetBob

Congratulations doug on your first nugget. that always takes the edge off. You've got the best machine, in my opinion you also have the best all around coil out there too, and your not missing much if your finding them that small. Get over some good ground and you'll do well. Good luck. AzNuggetBob

Thanks Bob, I have found over a hundred with my gmt, but I want to go deeper and may be find the one that was over looked. I really like the gold stalker 9x14 Mono elliptical , when I hit the nugget it was loud and clear. Happy hunting . Doug

• Admin

Hello Doug,

Congrats on your first GPX-4500 find! I knew it was just a matter of time until you found one. I'm sure there are more in some of your old spots, just work slow and listen for those fainter signals. The GPX-4500 with the Goldstalker 14-inch will find much smaller gold. I've found small gold nuggets right on top of the bedrock that were under a grain in size. I've also found 2-3 grain nuggets (solid ones) down a few inches in highly mineralized ground.

Hope to hear more success stories from you in the very near future! :D

Thanks once again for your business. If you ever need anything, I'm only a phone call away.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Doug and Bob. For years now I have found that the 14X9 coil is THE coil for most of the places I detect whether it is a Coiltec or a Nuggetfinder. That size and configuration gives the best combination of ground handling, depth, sensitivity, and EMI resistance. There are many who feel that they can do just as well with the older PIs as they can with a GPX4500 and I agree to a certain extent. The big difference is the ability to ignore certain hotrocks and ground noises, eliminating the need to investigate some false targets. It's more a matter of cutting down on wasted time on questionable targets, and cutting down on the frustration levels.----Bob

whoops my bad Doug, :blush: I misunderstood your first post. anyway Ive been hooked on elliptical coils ever since the GB came out and I still use the 14" on it too. I think the size has the best all around depth size ratio. they work very well in brushy and rocky areas. Ive found a lot of nuggets with just the toe of them in tight places. I think the large round coils are best in more wide open spaces. I'm just really impressed withe new Goldstalker 14" elliptical mono. AzNuggetBob

whoops my bad Doug, :blush: I misunderstood your first post. anyway Ive been hooked on elliptical coils ever since the GB came out and I still use the 14" on it too. I think the size has the best all around depth size ratio. they work very well in brushy and rocky areas. Ive found a lot of nuggets with just the toe of them in tight places. I think the large round coils are best in more wide open spaces. I'm just really impressed withe new Goldstalker 14" elliptical mono. AzNuggetBob

Bob, I think so too. I liked the 14 in. Gold Stalker even before I found the picker. I was finding lots of bullets and bullet fragments, and I really liked the responce. I haven't used my 16" mono Commander coil yet. I get tired just looking at it. After 8 hrs. with the gold stalker, I was tired ,but no more than with my stock gmt coil. If I really start finding good gold, my wife might have to move over for I might be sleeping with it. :wub::wub::wub: That was a joke. Happy hunting. Doug

damn! now you're stuck-

sleeping with the detector?

gold fever at a high.

trying to figure out better pastures to try.

old lady is upset that you want more time with some machine than with her.

maybe old lady is happy that you want more time with some machine than her, freeing her up to do what she wants while you're out.

next thing on your list will be to get a quad and other gear (repeat 4th and 5th lines).

last but not least: old lady figuring out what to spend all your gold on after you cash out.

Doug,

Congrat's! Your persistence to persevere to learn your machine paid off...there's more gold out in your old patches, go get'em!!! Out hunting this weekend one partner hunts with the 9x14 GoldStalker and he pulled out a .9 grain'er to get the skunk off his back. You have the best equipment and the best support available, the rest is up to you. Remember, low and slow.

LuckyLundy