Today started off just like the last couple of skunk days! Up early, coffee, sports page and load the truck. I've been hunting some new areas I have GPS'd and many of them I cut through some old patches to get to them. This morning, I didn't get very far...hiking/dectecting through the fringes of and old patch, I detected a couple of 22 bullets. Thinking someone should have dug these targets out, I continued on this path low and slow. My 3rd target was weak, but sounded just as good as my last couple of target. Well ever inch I dug down the better the sound was, 8 or 9 inches down and the target out of the hole and in my scoop, I was hoping!!! Removing the dirt from the scoop I caught a glint of gold in my hand. I grabed the little cornor of the nugget and was surprised it was a fat one! It's not my biggest, but one of my favorite looking nuggets. I think the odd bulges on this nugget made it give a weaker signal, compaired to others I've dug this size. I've named it "The Hulk" since it looks like it has muscles all over it! It hit the scale at 8 dwt's. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

2Oct09LoneTree8dwtCoil.jpg

2Oct09LoneTree8dwt-1.jpg

2Oct09LoneTree8dwtScale-1.jpg

Today started off just like the last couple of skunk days! Up early, coffee, sports page and load the truck. I've been hunting some new areas I have GPS'd and many of them I cut through some old patches to get to them. This morning, I didn't get very far...hiking/dectecting through the fringes of and old patch, I detected a couple of 22 bullets. Thinking someone should have dug these targets out, I continued on this path low and slow. My 3rd target was weak, but sounded just as good as my last couple of target. Well ever inch I dug down the better the sound was, 8 or 9 inches down and the target out of the hole and in my scoop, I was hoping!!! Removing the dirt from the scoop I caught a glint of gold in my hand. I grabed the little cornor of the nugget and was surprised it was a fat one! It's not my biggest, but one of my favorite looking nuggets. I think the odd bulges on this nugget made it give a weaker signal, compaired to others I've dug this size. I've named it "The Hulk" since it looks like it has muscles all over it! It hit the scale at 8 dwt's. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

2Oct09LoneTree8dwtCoil.jpg

2Oct09LoneTree8dwt-1.jpg

2Oct09LoneTree8dwtScale-1.jpg

Nice finds. The more I see your post and the finds you get, the more I wish California was more accessible from Colorado than it is. Too far a drive for a few days hunt, and I still might not find anything other than trash.

h20prospector