LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DETECT WITH.

Hello All

Any chance have room for one more at the dump? Been hunting by myself and would like possibly find a hunting partner also. I understand if it is to crowded. At least i could help dig up some of the trash. Calihunter I could go on sunday if you want some company.

Matt

El Dorado, sorry to hear you won't make it. I'm still on for 9:00 sat at the dump -at least until I get fed up with nails.

I might still be around Sunday -what time do you think you'll be down at Shirttail creek?

El Dorado, sorry to hear you won't make it. I'm still on for 9:00 sat at the dump -at least until I get fed up with nails.

I might still be around Sunday -what time do you think you'll be down at Shirttail creek?

Hello All

Any chance have room for one more at the dump? Been hunting by myself and would like possibly find a hunting partner also. I understand if it is to crowded. At least i could help dig up some of the trash. Calihunter I could go on sunday if you want some company.

Matt

sorry i did'nt get back to you sooner i had computer problems. i will be at bear river on sunday doing some panning. your more than welcome. wont be able to detect till next mon. and tuesday. 9th or 10th. if your interested let me know.

Hey all, I went to the dump and found my share of square nails, bullets, shot, and other odds and ends -but in amongst all that I found this little bit of gold. 0.3g isn't much, but I'm pleased none the less. I don't think I can get back to gold country until late November, but when I do, It'd still be great to meet up with someone who knows a thing or two about it...

post-28732-1257138338_thumb.jpg

Hey all, I went to the dump and found my share of square nails, bullets, shot, and other odds and ends -but in amongst all that I found this little bit of gold. 0.3g isn't much, but I'm pleased none the less. I don't think I can get back to gold country until late November, but when I do, It'd still be great to meet up with someone who knows a thing or two about it...

post-28732-1257138338_thumb.jpg

Hey great job Per! Sorry I missed out on this trip. Maybe next time we can get together.

Calihunter Would have meet up with ya panning forgot my laptop at home. Took a 7 hour hike on sunday looking for new ground. will let you know about the 9th and 10th though.

Per

Man that is great. I live in santa rosa. so like you have to travel. Maybe we can get some trips in, i go every week

Matt

That was my first time in a hydrolic pit and first chance to look at the topography -should I tend to focus on the low spots where gold would have washed to, the high spots where gold might never have moved from, or the slopes where it might have gotten hung up? I know, gold is where you find it, but what does the wisdom of experience say?

And do you guys work the areas to the West, with white dirt and manzanita and piles of head sized rocks, or the area to the East where there's actual dirt and more modern trash?

Matt, carpooling would be sweet; it's really the drive and the gas that kill me. You stay over up there or just go for the day? You go on weekends or during the week? I'm pretty busy during the week but I could take a day off now and then. Weekends are pretty busy -I only get up to the mountains once a month or so... But maybe having someone to go with would make it a little easier.

-Peter

Peter

I go up mostly on the weekends. I can make it during the week if I have someone to go with or am trying to avoid crowds. I am still in the research stage at this point. Lots of time on the maps and LR2000. Then depending i may take the jeep if looks like alot of off road and either camp out or get a motel. Other times i take my truck camper works out pretty good. Mostly right now just trying to find spots that are public and not claimed. At this pace may take awhile to find a patch. The big nuggget i found was in a dry creek bed that is no longer dry. you could go with me anytime just remember i do alot more looking than finding

Matt

Hey guys Im not much of a detectorist but I do love to prospect,about this dump if there are nuggets there must be small gold as well.

I have a recirculating sluice box do you think its ok to dig as long as I fill in my holes,is it permited to do so.

Also how far is it from the parking since I have to carry H2O for my sluice.

Hey guys Im not much of a detectorist but I do love to prospect,about this dump if there are nuggets there must be small gold as well.

I have a recirculating sluice box do you think its ok to dig as long as I fill in my holes,is it permited to do so.

Also how far is it from the parking since I have to carry H2O for my sluice.

You would probably do better going down Drivers Flat Rd to the River...... much closer to water, There are many old bank digs there. Just double check the rules for Auburn State Recreation area to see if it is OK

Thanks Steve

But I will avoid the auburn state rec cops at any cost.I would rather haul water a mile than deal with some of the young ones that patrol the rec area(no public relations skills)Anyway the rules say no digging above the water line not the high water line and some of the rec cops will enforce it.I was just curious about this dump area to get out for some testing.How far of a walk is it from parking?

Thanks Steve

But I will avoid the auburn state rec cops at any cost.I would rather haul water a mile than deal with some of the young ones that patrol the rec area(no public relations skills)Anyway the rules say no digging above the water line not the high water line and some of the rec cops will enforce it.I was just curious about this dump area to get out for some testing.How far of a walk is it from parking?

I'm sureafter lookin at the all the digs there, there is still some fine gold unavailable to detectors. You would have to walk about 1/4 mile. Start at N 38 59.878 W 120 50.667 take the trail south for 1/4 mile

Thanks for the info I might just try to get out there before it gets too cold.

Coming from Manteca its a 2.5hr drive.

By the way have you ever eaten at the sierra grill resturant in Auburn.Great prime rib

for $10.oo.That alone is enough to get me up there.

• 7 months later...

Anyone interested in going out to the old dump site to practice detecting? I just took nugget hunting lessons on my GMT and am looking for somewhere in the area to practice...

NorCalShinyStuff

If I am in town (Foresthill) when you come up, I will join you for a bit. That dump/hydraulic area is in my backyard

Will do. I have a cousin in Foresthill toward Yankee Jims so get out there quite a bit...