Where's Grubstake?

I'm here Mike, the hunt was fun, long time no been out. three of us hunted, the first day, sandtrap, Pondmn and me, I was the only one to find any gold, a 1.2 DWT. nugget with a 18.5 E mono goldstalker coil, and it was about 8+ inches deep. We hunted again the second day, we all got skunked, Pondmn's back was acting up and so the third day it was just me and sandtrap, we wewnt to a different spot, sandtrap fell on the way in, and scared the hell out of me, he said he couldn't make it any more, because of his knee's and legs, so we only hunted for about 30-45 minutes, we came back to my house, and Sandtrap left to go back to the desert after he showered, It was fun, But Sandtrap found out, that hunting up hee is not easy compared to hunting the desert, where you can drive and hunt close to you vehicle, then drive to another spot, It brushy up here, you have two chiose's, hunt up hill or down hill. But your still in heavy brush no matter what. Here's my nugget. Grubstake

Tomarrow Pondmn and I will give the spot I found the nugget at another try, for a few hours. I have DRS. apointments and other things to do before the weekend gets here, and there saying maybe rain for Friday and Sat.

Way to go! Glad to see you still go the right stuff. Climbing our hills is tough on the knees and other parts if you fall. Crawling around up under the brush is even hard. The rain is supposed to be a small one but you know how them weather people are, almost as bad as politicians. Good luck at the doc's. Take care

Micheal

Yeh I don't mind the rain, we need it bad, also it makes those small targets stand out. Pretty soon I'll be out everday, I can get out, this is the last weekend of deer season coming up, then I won't have to worry some nut with Buck fever is going to shoot me in my cammo's when I'm crawling through the brush. Ha! Ha! Gary

Guest sandtrap

YEP,

Those guys up there in mountaingoat country, are part mountain goats.. It is definitely easier hunting here in the desert, even with all the winds we have been having lately. Guess I'm a confirmed flat land hunter,BUT, I will be trying Grubstake's area again, when I get in SHAPE ! After last time, he may never invite me again > :excl:

Hey Sandtrap we have applied to the federal govt for some of their funny money they are giving away so we can install elevators for you. If not just give us the money to hire a backhoe and we will level the property for you, but, of course you know we will have to detect the hill as it is leveled. s :spank::spank::rolleyes::rolleyes: Jerry

Gaine, I will, Sat. dean from Mariposa and maybe Pondmn, will be out and about. Its cool now, and my best time for detecting. Grubstake gaine, I always have plenty of protection, when I detect, Dean is a retired HWY. patrol officer, Pondmn is a retired parol officer, and Sandtrap is a fedral officer at China Lake NAS. Lots of old farts with nothing to do, except detect. Ha! Ha!