Todays hunt

Well Pondmn and Dean from Mariposa, and I went on a 4 hour hunt, Started out bad, we were all going to meet at 10 am at the spot, first thing my propane guy showed up with a delivery, and blocked me in for 30 minutes, while he filled my tank, and my niebors, he has to go through my yard to get to the niebors tank, . Pondmn was already there, Dean Called said he would be a little late, He came once, but forgot his detector, had to go back home and get it, so he was an hour late, but Jerry and I already started hunting after I got there, lots of trash, square nails, lead balls, just genrally trashy. we, or I say Jerry took a rock sample home with him, they were following a vien of this stuff, there's gold there I've already found some. Here the sample he took home, it has a green vien next to the quartz, not sure if its Mariposite or copper, Grubstake

Hey Grubstake,

Any chance of getting a more in focus close-up of that one? Have you taken a closer look at it with a 10x loop? Boy that sample sure looks like some "sweet stuff"!

BTW, how much detecting time do you think you have left before the snow really starts flying?

Gary

Gary, prob. around the end of DEC. or middle of Jn. If we even get snow this year, we don't always get it here in town, were only 2000ft. Pondmn, {Jerry} has those samples, he's going to his rock/jewlery making class tomarrow. Maybe he can get some answers and closer pictures. Grubstake

More pictures from our hunt area. Grubstake

The trash we are finding, is mainly square nails, old sardine cans, bean cans, powder cans, cap and ball rounds, old barrel bands, I've scored two gold nuggets so far, since I started this area. The gold is there, but so is the brush and oak leaves about 4 inches deep in most places. But the old timers worked the crap out of this place, lots of tunnels, and rabbit holes, lots of diggins and tailings.The shot with the pallet and log in it, is atleast 30 ft. Deep, and the tunnels go way back in.

Well Dave, theres plenty more of it, in fact Jerry has a rock saw, and was going to take it for show and tell tonight at his rock class. Where I found my gold is only a short ways fron this. Since they tunneled in, I can only guess they were pocket mining, because the gold is good size that coming from this area. Grubstake

Went to Motherlode Gem and Mineral Society today. Had a speaker on gold there to excite some of the membership. Showed the sample and folks thought the green streak in it was probably chrysocolla. Would be nice if I could get a wide enough slice for a better specimen. Jerry