Gold & Space Rock Today

Yo All...Today, I hit last week's patch just one more time even tho' I was pretty sure I'd cleaned it out ... But, instead of the NF DD 14" XP coil, I switched back to my ol' favorite, the NF Mono 14"E ... Glad I did, because literally the moment I stepped into the little gully, my first swing was a sound target--Gold...After sucking the dirt off and taking a picture, I stood up turned around and, bang, another target--another nugget ... They weighed in at .9 grams and 1.0 grams .... A little while later I headed up toward the ridge top and got a hard deep signal right in the middle of some good red dirt ... Another piece of the Wickenburg Meteorite ... 16 grams down about 12"... Plus, it was another beautiful warm day in the mid-70's ... A great day of nugget shooting in the big AZ ... Here's pix...Cheers, Unc

Yo All...Today, I hit last week's patch just one more time even tho' I was pretty sure I'd cleaned it out ... But, instead of the NF DD 14" XP coil, I switched back to my ol' favorite, the NF Mono 14"E ... Glad I did, because literally the moment I stepped into the little gully, my first swing was a sound target--Gold...After sucking the dirt off and taking a picture, I stood up turned around and, bang, another target--another nugget ... They weighed in at .9 grams and 1.0 grams .... A little while later I headed up toward the ridge top and got a hard deep signal right in the middle of some good red dirt ... Another piece of the Wickenburg Meteorite ... 16 grams down about 12"... Plus, it was another beautiful warm day in the mid-70's ... A great day of nugget shooting in the big AZ ... Here's pix...Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron, you really nailing down those meteorites now! Good on the gold too! Guido

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

Congrats on your recent finds. Always great to see you finding gold and meteorites in the same areas. Could only imagine how many of those things I tossed back in the early 90's when I first started metal detecting. I know I left a fist sized iron meteorite around the La Paz district back when the SD2100 came out. Revisted the spot many times and could never find the exact spot where I tossed it back on the ground. :angry:

Thanks for always sharing your finds. Wishing you much more success out there.

Rob Allison