rainfall

• Admin

Hello Montana and AZNuggetBob,

I was working SW of Tonopah early this week and all the washes (big and small) were running like they never ran before. Some ran so well they tore out roads and flooded farmlands down that way.

I'm sure some nice gold has been uncovered in various Arizona goldfields. :lol:

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Bob,

The company and employees do the best they can with what they have to work with. During storm season there are a lot of outages, but I don't think many of the customers really know what it takes to get power restored. I think many believe it's as simple as flicking a light switch back on! For the most part Troublemen, Sub Techs and crews work around the clock to restore down lines and equipment during these times. You're working long hours, low visiblity at night, rainy and around primary and secondary voltages.

You make one mistage around 120/240 and you can probably laugh about it later, but you make one mistake with primary voltages of 7,200 volts thru 500,000 volts, you won't live long to talk about it. It a serious business where you have be on your game all the time. Some have managed to live a un-peaceful life when they got hit by 7,200, but from about 69kv and up your done.

P.S. Don't mistake 480 as a joke, it's one of the worst, maybe even worse than higher voltages since you can't get away from it.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob, looks like the rain will continue in AZ for next few months anyway. NOAA 90 Fcst attached. Should move some nice gold around, and uncover some nuggets.

Yep some folks think it's easy work, just flip a switch. I did my time with DOE-BPA as lineman climbing towers keepin' them lights on. Only worked transmission never distribution, basically 230 and 500 lines from Columbia and Snake River dams. Too many windy nights 100s of feet in the air. The 3-wks/mo on the road is what drove me away, find a new job or a new wife. Jobs are easy to find, good wives ain't.

Keep Smiling...

PS: I just called you about that WOT coil... nobody home.