Suprise Father's Day Specie... 13+ Ozt

Yo All...Got out with family shootin' guns, drinkin' beer and eatin' hotdogs, hamburgers and watermelon on father's day to a spot that's not known for gold ... My stepson shot a bird out of the air (booooo) and we went over to check it out ... I leaped over a small gully and specked a copper color down in the gut... Turned out to be this cool copper speci ...Screams on the detector and weighs in at 13+ ounces troy ... I've never found a copper nug like this one that has both quartz and copper in it ... Very nice collector's piece ... Cheers, Unc

Very nice, looks like malachite, azurite, and possibly some chryscolla, might want to swing a detector around there just for fun, or to see if you can make any other discoveries, maybe some golden?

Yo All...The unfortunate thing is that this is an area that Wickenburg folk have been coming to for years and shooting their guns, just like I and my family did...I don't think a detector would be much help ... This needs to be an eyeball area, I'm afraid...I know that we have put a few thousand rounds of .45, 9mm, 38 spl., .22, and other rounds into the hillside ... We're just the newbies at this spot...And others have been using this spot for generations ... Cheers, Unc

Hey Bob...I'm thinking the source of this speci must be within a couple hundred feet or less ... It is not worn at all ...

Rob, I was thinking that it might have some gold in it, too ... sure looks "right" ... The area looks like a fair sized gossan and has multi colored rocks, including ironstone, pyrite, quartz and a bit of greenstone schist ... That screams "gold" o me...or maybe not :rolleyes:;):rolleyes: ... Cheers, Unc

I agree Ron,Very coarse and very beautiful. you may be able to speck more of them. If you can find the source the bullets wont matter. you may want to try a small coil, detune and look for more big ones just to help leed you to the source. just a thought. Knowing you and your prospecting skills I think you already have some ideas about the source. smile.gif good luck AzNuggetBob

Archived