Is there a better way?

I bought a 4500 from Rob a couple of months back when the snow was still on the ground here in MT. Well having put an honest 30 hours on it I can say I really don't care much for the shoulder harness that holds the battery. The harness wants to creep up due to the weight of the battery. Not made of course to hold any extra gear either.

Any suggestions for making the harness behave a little better? Seem like some straps that tie to the belt might be a little better. Any thought or input would be appreciated.

I have some other questions about the 4500 but will place in a new post.

Thanks from Big Sky country. :)

Marlowe

• Admin

Hey Marlowe,

I got your message and will give you a call. Been away from the office all last week and part of this coming week. I went out and purchased a nice Camelpak backpack that has the 100oz water bladder and customized it to fit my detecting needs. I used the smaller pouch for the stock battery and the other pouches for extra water, food and other items you might need when you're prospecting. With these types of backpacks you can carry a lot of items depending how big of backpack you want and you always have access to water while your walking, hiking or detecting.

Thanks once again for your continued business and referrals. Ed just purchased a few more items recently also.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Marlowe,

Mine is probably 2-3 years old and probably discontinued now. However, I have seen a bunch of new ones that I liked. Mine is a full sized camo backpack with the 100oz bladder with it. I can carry a lot of items within my backpack, many are much smaller and compact.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Archived