A little Pay Back

Of late, it seems that Mrs Lucky has had my number and her roll was a good one too! To beat the heat we headed up to the hills at 0630 hrs it was 56 degrees. Not that cool, but cooler than the 68 degrees back at the house when we left one hour before. El Dorado, wasn't far behind us and started his hunt not far from us...but out of radio range in the hilly country. I was in a little spot that we've detected manytimes before, but they where bitting good. I had 4 dinks pretty fast so I radioed my wife Robin to come hit the school gold, but she was busy with her own little area at the time. I called for El Dorado, but no-response on his radio. Well, I kept fishing this little area and pulled 3 more out. Robin, gave me a yell and said, are you ready to go! I wiped the sweat from my face and said, Yes! 1130 hrs and in the truck, it was 89 degrees and 95 degrees at my house...the pool was a great way to cool off after our morning hunt. I don't know what El Dorado radio problem was or what his poke looked like? Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

10Jul2010.jpg

Looks good to me!

Thanks for posting , keeps me motivated...

That pools sounds nice, it is about 98 up here in Congress!

That'a OK thi cause I have 4 days off work to play....

I am going to hook up the sprinkler for a cool down, lol

Good huntin'

Paul

Of late, it seems that Mrs Lucky has had my number and her roll was a good one too! To beat the heat we headed up to the hills at 0630 hrs it was 56 degrees. Not that cool, but cooler than the 68 degrees back at the house when we left one hour before. El Dorado, wasn't far behind us and started his hunt not far from us...but out of radio range in the hilly country. I was in a little spot that we've detected manytimes before, but they where bitting good. I had 4 dinks pretty fast so I radioed my wife Robin to come hit the school gold, but she was busy with her own little area at the time. I called for El Dorado, but no-response on his radio. Well, I kept fishing this little area and pulled 3 more out. Robin, gave me a yell and said, are you ready to go! I wiped the sweat from my face and said, Yes! 1130 hrs and in the truck, it was 89 degrees and 95 degrees at my house...the pool was a great way to cool off after our morning hunt. I don't know what El Dorado radio problem was or what his poke looked like? Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

10Jul2010.jpg

I left the house at 0545 to try to beat the heat too. In this great place we get to hunt, I am always looking for a new patch that I can call my own, so I hunted in another place a ways from Robin and Rick. Well, I ended up breaking the antenna off my radio so was out of contact...... bummer bummer. I ended up hunting hard, up and down the steep hills and that darn skunk would just not leave me alone..... 90 degrees at 4500' of altitude the sun was a real body baker...... so good to get home and draw a nice frosty mug of ale.......

Another great hunt under the belt..... looking forward to the next (with a new radio!)

Nice gold indeed. The temps look about as good as the gold.

Was 111 here today with the temps forcast to go to 118 later in the week.

Maybe the nuggets will create a heat halo and I will be able to see it without detecting for them. :rolleyes:

Anyway you guys had a great day.

Bob T.

Archived