Thanks LuckyLundy and El Dorado!

Steve,

I tell you, you hit those California goldfields like you grew up in them patches. Your a pro's pro and didn't need much of a pointy finger before you found the signs to look for. Looking forward to the next hunt!

LuckyLundy

I am planning a trip to the UK in October and am planning on the F75 as being one of the units I use. So I decided to get some hours in with it this summer in preparation. At Moore Creek I hunted the airstrip, which has both hot rocks and trash. The trash and hard digging makes Minelab owners shy away so I figured there had to be gold left there yet. I ran in disc, set a 6, notch 1, single tone, JE mode. Sensitivity at 99. The unit popped and clicked but good targets rang clean. Hot rocks were coming in around 13 and gold test nuggets were hitting around 22, so I was digging everything 16 and above. Got three nuggets, including a 1/2 ouncer.

At Ganes ended up hunting in all metal, gain at 99, and checked all audible targets. In all metal you get an audible signal to max depth, but still get a visual target I'd on items within disc range. Few detectors can do this. So for large deep items you will get a signal, but no target I'd. Dig down, and most times a target id will come up, and usually it is junk. But sometimes it is gold, and got a very deep 1/2 oz nugget again doing this.

At Moore and Ganes the hunt was for large gold. Odds at the CA location was to go for the small gold. I tried all metal out on a small nugget, and the response was there but very soft. JE mode with sensitivity to the max banged out hard.

I only got two of the nuggets with the F75, the one perched on my finger, and one a little bit smaller. The rest were with the Gold Big 2 and 6" coil. But that was with the stock F75 coil, mind you. I am sure I do better with the F75 6" elliptical. Bottom line the F75 is a decent VLF gold machine, kind of like a hot MXT, not surprising since the same engineer worked on both. I would not buy one just to hunt nuggets, as you are paying for lots of non-prospecting features. But as a general purpose unit it does very well, especially in trashy locations.

My only complaint on the F75 is that is is very susceptible to electrical interference. In some urban locations, like my backyard, it is basically unusable due to all the chatter, even with every set real low.

Steve Herschbach

Hello Steve,

My name is Paul and I am going to be up in your neck of the woods in Oct. I am taking a job at the VA Homeless Domiciliary ...If it is too cold to detect I may come over to your shop and have a cup of coffee if you got any. I'm looking forward to learning a thing or two while I am there.

I bought Lucky's old... lucky GP Extreme, and will probable bring it along with my GB2.....is it too froze up in Oct to do anything????

Looking forward to meeting you,

paul

i'm in Phoenix now...kinda got my timing reversed...lol

Hello Steve,

My name is Paul and I am going to be up in your neck of the woods in Oct. I am taking a job at the VA Homeless Domiciliary ...If it is too cold to detect I may come over to your shop and have a cup of coffee if you got any. I'm looking forward to learning a thing or two while I am there.

I bought Lucky's old... lucky GP Extreme, and will probable bring it along with my GB2.....is it too froze up in Oct to do anything????

Looking forward to meeting you,

paul

i'm in Phoenix now...kinda got my timing reversed...lol

Paul.. we have some fantastic weather in here in October... this is California. We should definatly hook up and maybe join Lucky for a hunt or two.....What town will you be working from?

Paul,

Steve Herschbach, will take good care of you! You provide us Disabled Veteran's a great service and there is more than you think that prospect on this forum. Here is a picture of your 1 ton package at FedEx. Make this one pay for it's self before you even think about upgrading! It will find the gold and has several ounces under it's belt! Thanks for your service to our country! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

GPExtremeShipped.jpg

Thanks a bunch Lucky!!!

I am excited to get started with it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Steve W., I am going up to AK, not CA (yet..lol)--i hope to be able to stop by on my way up tho....i am trying to get it worked out so i have a few days off before making the move "Way up North".....I am looking forward to seeing your handiwork too.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve H. I will be by as soon as I get settled in! Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am going to put a new thread on the site for anyone in the Phoenix area would would like to come by and help me do a gold panning seminar for the Vets here at Phoenix VA mental health unit,,,i need to get it approved first..and then i will post up. I could use someone who can pan better than i do.......i use the(desert fox)lol

Anyone have any ideas about a simple demonstration that would last less than an hour??? I am all ears. I am sure GPAA people do this already for their constituents,,,maybe i could get them to help, but i would really like to have some Vets who have been there and done that as far as PTSD and such,,,the people just respond well to them and it gives them hope that they can get control over their own life, too.

Again, any help would be appreciated!!!----!~~~~maybe just a gold panning demo would be good to start with,,anyone can get a pan and go....so maybe i can buy 15 or 20 good pans to give away,,,----just thinking as i am writing,,,if the idea strikes your heart to help give back to these Vets, let me know......I could use some paydirt, too...does anyone have that available locally, i wonder???.....I could go dig it myself i suppose,,i just want them to be sure and find some during that hour,,,i would disclose that it is paydirt....i have seen it for sale ...

i will look on the web.....Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome on the site.

paul

754-281-8406

If it goes well i may incorporate into a regular thing in Alaska,,,,PTSD, bi-polar, TBI all these guys and gals like to have productive quiet time by themselves,and what can be better than gold panning/detecting/prospecting than that???

Thanks a bunch Lucky!!!

I am excited to get started with it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Steve W., I am going up to AK, not CA (yet..lol)--i hope to be able to stop by on my way up tho....i am trying to get it worked out so i have a few days off before making the move "Way up North".....I am looking forward to seeing your handiwork too.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve H. I will be by as soon as I get settled in! Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am going to put a new thread on the site for anyone in the Phoenix area would would like to come by and help me do a gold panning seminar for the Vets here at Phoenix VA mental health unit,,,i need to get it approved first..and then i will post up. I could use someone who can pan better than i do.......i use the(desert fox)lol

Anyone have any ideas about a simple demonstration that would last less than an hour??? I am all ears. I am sure GPAA people do this already for their constituents,,,maybe i could get them to help, but i would really like to have some Vets who have been there and done that as far as PTSD and such,,,the people just respond well to them and it gives them hope that they can get control over their own life, too.

Again, any help would be appreciated!!!----!~~~~maybe just a gold panning demo would be good to start with,,anyone can get a pan and go....so maybe i can buy 15 or 20 good pans to give away,,,Rob can you handle that?----just thinking as i am writing,,,if the idea strikes your heart to help give back to these Vets, let me know......I could use some paydirt, too...does anyone have that available locally, i wonder???.....I could go dig it myself i suppose,,i just want them to be sure and find some during that hour,,,i would disclose that it is paydirt..Paul, I have a DWT of perfect size gold for this, I will call you later ..i have seen it for sale ...

i will look on the web.....Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome on the site.

paul

754-281-8406

If it goes well i may incorporate into a regular thing in Alaska,,,,PTSD, bi-polar, TBI all these guys and gals like to have productive quiet time by themselves,and what can be better than gold panning/detecting/prospecting than that???

WOW, thanks everyone,

Thanks for your willingness to serve others. I am sorry but it appears I jumped the gun a little. The Unit i work on has a lot of rules about privacy,,( I know, who would have thought the VA would have rules ) Anyway, if i do have a class, it will have to be me doing it because I am already in there. That's OK though.....

Your willingness to help and serve the Vets and have some fun doing it has got my mind spinning and i am thinking of ways it would work...it ain't over yet....I was thinking the Dom up in Prescott might be a good place to have a "Vet Appreciation Gold Fever Day"

Something like that would be fun.....and has anyone every been to a Wounded Warriors Benefit? Here's a quick story:

We had one at church last year in TN and we had a ball! It was called, "Bubbafest" This group of wounded Vets go around the country getting other wounded Vets out on hunting and fishing trips.... their goal was to do enough of these type fund-raisers to buy a handicapped van for their trips.

Well, at the end of all the hubbub, the grilled hunks of bologna and the BBQ, and the outdoor hunting equipment auctions,,,,We all gathered in the sanctuary.

My friend Wayne, who was up on the stage with the Vets behind him in their wheelchairs etc. was explaining to everyone sitting in the church why we were having the benefit, then he asked the top sarge to come up to the mike with him...he asked Top if they had fun and stuff, of course he said YES! Then Wayne asked him if he could share how much they had made selling pins and stuff today, he said 800.00 and was beaming! That brought a huge amount of applause....Well, Wayne let him go back and sit down, but then ...he turned around and asked Top to come back to the mike. When he got there,Wayne had a picture of a handicapped van projected on the wall of the church so everyone could see it, and he asked Top, "Would something like that work for you all",,and Top said, "Heck yes!!!"-----So Wayne then had his handicapped nephew come over,,, and he presented Top with the keys to the van!!!!!!

Wow, you could have heard a pin drop in the place,,,and if you weren't already crying you could see that almost everyone else was !!!

I couldn't keep from crying, nor did i care....all the vets on stage were laughing and crying at the same time!

That's not all. After all that, there was a drawing for the big prize of 3000.00 dollars. The man that won it stood up with the winning ticket and jumped up and down, ,he was ecstatic you could tell he was a real Tennessee hunter, no doubt. He ran up to the stage and got the check. Then he started back down the steps and something happened to him, all of the sudden he started walking real slow, then slower, with his eyes looking right at his wife, when he got to where she was sitting he bent over and said something to her. She nodded her head up and down, Yes, she was saying! He turned around and ran right back to the stage and got on the mike and said he wanted to give the check to the vets so they would have gas money to go pick up all them other Vets!

THE CROWD WENT CRAZY!!!!

Well listen, i still get tears over that one, but it can be duplicated, that's for sure!

I will be in Alaska till Jan 22nd and then I am not sure if I will stay on there or hightail it down to CA...one thing is certain....there is no lack of support for Veterans on this site!! I appreciate that. Like Lucky says, we need to start a thread for Vets,,,,and anyone else who appreciates their service. Maybe I will do that, let me know if you got any ideas..

God bless,

paul

PS......Sorry about hijacking your thread Steve!

I got carried away...

Yep, Good thing. I just refile my service connected claim, that was originally filed back in 94 but denied. For my heart, under the new rules for agent Orange. Got my Congress man helping me along with Foreign Ligion and my local VA rep. I file for serveral things including an injury I got in Nam. So I'm playing the waiting game. I'll be going to the VA in Fresno Ca. Grubstake

Thanks guys for making my first gold outside of Alaska so much fun! I'm still packing my little bottle of small California nuggets around to show off. Great country and great company. Thanks!

Steve Herschbach

p1000797.jpg

p1000791.jpg

My first Californa nugget!

Steves_calif_gold.jpg

Not much, but my favorite gold of the year.

Nice gold Steve. Lucky will get you near the gold, and all you have to do is find it. Good hunting, Doug

Archived