Van Cowan

Hi all, I recieved what I believe is one of those scam email today from Van Cowan,

"Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a trip early this week to London, UK and had my bags stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.

I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via email or May field hotel's desk phone, the numbers are, 011447024065511 or 011447024064567 or on my blackberry at [email protected].

I will be waiting for your urgent response...

Van"

Anyone else get one? I haven't heard from him in years, but am curious as to what happened to him. Anyone know? Later...Jim P.

I knew I could count on you Chris, I'll western union you the money right away, just post all your vital statistics and bank account/routing info and it'll be on the way :lol:

Later...Jim P.

Ps, thanks Matt, I'm sure it's a scam. I'm more interested in knowing if anyone knows what happened to him, he just dropped off the forums a few years ago and I lost touch with him.

Archived