Any field reports out on the GPX,5000s yet ?

• Admin

Hello Hobby,

Some partners, friends and I have all been using the GPX5000's for a couple of weekends now. The GPX5000 is very similar to a GPX4000 or GPX45000 if you have used one of them before. However, the GPX5000 has more timings, a few more settings and runs much ... much smoother than the prior detectors.

This weekend we wanted to test some of the new timings on the GPX5000 vs. the prior detectors. The new "Find Gold" timing really seems to bang on the smallest nuggets and even better on specimen and porous type gold. This is a great settings if you're hunting areas with smaller gold, gold in matrix or even that invisible gold, or porous gold they talk about.

I also wanted to test the "Enhance" timing on the GPX5000. This timing was great for high mineralization & hot rocks here in the Southwest, but lacked some overall depth. From reading and what I'm been told, Mienlab has somewhat modified this timing. We tested the GPX4500 vs. the GPX5000 with the same accessories and coils on both detectors and all noticed the "Enhance" timing on the GPX5000 was picking up targets a bit more clearer and deeper than the GPX4500. I'm not talking about 2-3 inches, but enough for everyone to say they noticed a difference between the two.

I still need to spend more timing on testing the various timings, but I also want to spend some time digging nuggets myself rather than just testing.

I have made a real basic GPX5000 overview Youtube video for anyone that has not seen what a GPX5000 looks like. Keep in mind, my GPX5000 is customized, so I have a Coiltek GoldStalker Mono Searchcoil, Carbon Fiber Shaft, Black Widow Headphones and more ....

If anyone has questions, please feel free to respond back here, email us or call.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello Hobby,  Some partners, friends and I have all been using the GPX5000's for a couple of weekends now. The GPX5000 is very similar to a GPX4000 or GPX45000 if you have used one of them before. However, the GPX5000 has more timings, a few more settings and runs much ... much smoother than the prior detectors.  This weekend we wanted to test some of the new timings on the GPX5000 vs. the prior detectors.  The new "Find Gold" timing really seems to bang on the smallest nuggets and even better on specimen and porous type gold. This is a great settings if you're hunting areas with smaller gold, gold in matrix or even that invisible gold, or porous gold they talk about.  I also wanted to test the "Enhance" timing on the GPX5000.  This timing was great for high mineralization & hot rocks here in the Southwest, but lacked some overall depth. From reading and what I'm been told, Mienlab has somewhat modified this timing. We tested the GPX4500 vs. the GPX5000 with the same accessories and coils on both detectors and all noticed the "Enhance" timing on the GPX5000 was picking up targets a bit more clearer and deeper than the GPX4500. I'm not talking about 2-3 inches, but enough for everyone to say they noticed a difference between the two.  I still need to spend more timing on testing the various timings, but I also want to spend some time digging nuggets myself rather than just testing. I have made a real basic GPX5000 overview Youtube video for anyone that has not seen what a GPX5000 looks like. Keep in mind, my GPX5000 is customized, so I have a Coiltek GoldStalker Mono Searchcoil, Carbon Fiber Shaft, Black Widow Headphones and more ....
If anyone has questions, please feel free to respond back here, email us or call.  Take care,Rob Allison
Hay Rob thanks I'v ben following what you have ben posting and sound's good.I still have my 3500 and like the detector .But was thinking about getting a 4500 from a guy here. know with the 4800 and 5000's ;I might hold off for a while ...HH Hobby  

• Admin

Hello Hobby,

All the Minelab PI's are great detectors to use. I've used them all going back to the original SD2000 back in the mid 90's. The new GPX4800 & 5000 do have some features that the prior detectors don't have. I've personally been using the GPX5000 for about three weeks now with great success. The unit is much more stable overall, especially to EMI. I'm still experimenting with the new timings, but the new "Fine Gold" timing I think is going to be a real winner.

Hope to see you contributing more about Minelab metal detectors and your success with them in the near future.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Archived