Minelab GPX5000 Updates and finds

• Admin

Hello All,

Some partners, friends and I spent some more time testing the GPX5000 metal detector towards the end of the day Saturday. In a nutshell, these are the things we all agreed on and noticed that the GPX5000 has over prior metal detectors -

(1) More timings; the fine gold timing really seems to do well in high mineralization and locating very small gold, specimens and more porous type gold.

(2) More immunity to EMI, electro-magnetic interference and other Minelab PI's

(3) Timings; the Enhance timing seems to be much more refined from the prior GPX4500's timing. This new Enhance is smoother and seems to punch deeper than the previous timing.

(4) Much faster ground balance. Noticed within a few pumps while holding the fast track button the unit is balanced.

(5) Inverted front panel, which makes it much easier to see settings and make adjustments.

There are a handful of timings and settings we have not played with yet. However, the most important in my opinion is keeping the detector running very smooth and elliminate any EMI that might be present. This is exactly what the GPX5000 is doing for me.

Below are a picture and Youtube video of the GPX5000 and recent finds:

The questions is always, how much of that gold could have been found with prior detectors? Well, to be honest, many of these nuggets probably could of been found with the GPX45000 and prior units. I've never advertised my finds as only "GPX5000" finds, but rather what the GPX5000 found. I know several of these nuggets were very hard to locate, so with the much smoother detector and minimal EMI the nuggets were much easier to locate using the new detector.

I know for a fact that having a unit that is much more stable, smooth and elliminates EMI better you will find deeper and smaller gold nuggets that other units will miss.

Feel free to use this tread to post comments, questions or concerns about this new detector.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Very nice Rob.

We've also been testing the machines in Norway and the UK and find them to be very stable on land and beach.

We will be posting some more videos soon on mlotv.com.

Ive just added recently a video about the Commander coil series that some of your readers may find helpful along with the Soil/Timings video

which backs up what you are writing above.

All The Best

Gary

Hi Rob

I am interested to here if you have tested the GPX5000 unit without Doc's secret weapon / accessory, due to the fact that if it is still a secret not to many people would have access to it, from reading other post's this item is to reduce EMI so i'm a bit concerned that what you are experiencing will not be truley reflected in others experiences, Rob I'm not having a shot at you, but think a report on a stock standard unit (or with accessories generally available ) would be more helpful.

thanks

Gold is gold no matter how you find it, if I had the secret weapon I would use it to.

cheers

Lee

• Admin

Hello Lee,

Doc's "Secret Weapon" if you want to call it that is not designed to elliminate EMI in shape or form. As much as I would like to say what it is, I'm not allowed to at this time. Myself and several partners were the first guys to field test and use these units on the GPX4500's. On the GPX4500 I noticed with this system my GPX4500 ran much smoother for some reason. I mentioned it to Doc and he knew nothing really about it at that time. My partners also noticed the same thing on their GPX4500's.

It just happens that this "secret weapon" works great on the GPX4800 and GPX5000. I've used my GPX5000 with and without the "secret weapon" and it works about the same either way. Like I said, this "secret weapon" is not designed to elliminate EMI.

Hopefully Doc will make an annoucement about it soon. I think anyone with a GPX4500, 4800 & 5000 will end up getting one at some point.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Thanks for the write ups and reviews Rob, how much r you offering trade in for a new in the box 4500 towards one of these units (grin). I've been waiting for these to debut before cracking this 4500 open but am not sure it's worth upgrading..... Nothing jumps out as "needed" over what my 4500 has.

Jen

• Admin

Hello Jen,

Right now I'm holding off on GPX4500 trade-ins, since I have several used ones and a few news ones I need to move.

The new Minelab GPX5000 might not have any huge advancements, but the fact it's running much smoother than my GPX4500 means everything to me. Some place the EMI is minimal if any, but here in Arizona it seems to get worse every year (more radio and microwave towers, more distribution and transmission power lines and more flight traffic).

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Archived