Out to Gold Basin

Well, it finally cooled down enough for me to go out and play around. The detector has been on vacation since early July. I have had a chance to try out the 4000 mah batteries, if you remember I had used the 5000 mah version and they lasted for four hours. The 4000 mah lasted three hours and had 7.7 volts left in her. It should have lasted another hour...maybe two. I will stick to the 4000 mah version for now on. Much lighter than the 5000 mah types. Picture includes a horizon shot at 94 degrees...Man was I out of shape, only could do half a day. A picture of my trusty steed (truck) A picture of the bridge at Hoover Dam, that should be ready for traffic on November 1st (Gold Basin Express Highway) I cannot wait until that is done!!! As for the hunt not even a bullet today...Lots of ironstone tho! Guido

The dam is really worth seeing but the tours aren't what they use to be. Since 9/11 they really cut back on showing all of the internals of the dam. The bridge was really cool to see. Several trips I have taken to Vegas we have gone to the dam and the progress on the bridge has been neat to see. It will sure take away the traffic off the dam. If you can get down there it's worth seeing.

Take care, Wes.

Hey Guido,

Nice day at the basin.. its been great weather, i have been out there wednesday and Thursday. If anyone in the area would like to see, there is an old stone cabin near the basin, it is the oldest in the area, first built around 1860's. Its the old Brechner Stone Cabin. IF anyone knows the history on this, please let me know. It is located at 35.55'51.66"N 114. 10'50.30"W

Dave

post-314-128426566243_thumb.jpg

Hey Guido,

Nice day at the basin.. its been great weather, i have been out there wednesday and Thursday. If anyone in the area would like to see, there is an old stone cabin near the basin, it is the oldest in the area, first built around 1860's. Its the old Brechner Stone Cabin. IF anyone knows the history on this, please let me know. It is located at 35.55'51.66"N 114. 10'50.30"W

Dave

Hello Dave...I have been to that cabin...It is interesting, I have seen all those dates in the cement floor. Lots of history. Quartz everywhere up the hill, but nothing there.

Archived