how to see/regognize mineralization and signs of goldbearing ground.

Hello.

Could anyone give a me simple explanation on how to recognize mineralization on ground and to tell that the area is gold bearing (desert area).

I will be grateful if someone can attach some pictures, its easier for me to learn through sight/vision.

Does this pictures show a good sign of gold bearing and where is the mineralization???

3952010103159d11f.jpg

I see that the soil is very red (mineralization???), but signs of gold (white quartz???) :blink:

60520101036262f59.jpg

Thanks for taking your time to shear with me of your knowledge.

A-s

I wish I could give you a simple 1,2,3 description of how to recognize gold bearing ground. Thousands of guys here in the USA wish they could have it too.

Unfortunately, life just isnt that simple. the appearance of gold bearing ground varies from place to place. In some places red ground is a good sign of mineralization. In other places all the ground is red and there is no gold. I've been to gold mines with white quartz all over. I've been to gold mines with virtually no quartz whatsoever.

There are some things that are generally true, but the most important are the things that work for you in Sudan.

Chris

HEY BUD TRY STICKING A POWERFUL MAGNET IN THE GROUND AT DIFFERENT DEPTHS, IF REAL COURSE IRON IS COVERING IT (1/8 INCH AND LARGER AND IN ABUNDANCE) GIVE IT A TRY THIS HAS LED ME TO SOME PRODUCTIVE PLACER GROUND ALOT OF THE TIME IN GOLD BEARING AREAS GOLD WILL HANG OUT WITH THE IRON IN A STREAK HOPE THIS HELPS jUSTIN

Have you examined the dirt under a microscope?

The reasons I ask is because quartz is often so fine, (which I would expect because of it being blasted by sand over millions of years) it is not discernible.

It's just like some very WHITE "SAND" beaches. When you go to the Carribean, and the water is so very clear and the beaches are very white. You assume it is sand you are looking at, when in fact you are looking at pulvarized coral. Because the coral is heavy, it settles quickly and the water stays very clear.

So look very carefully at the composition of the sand and see if there is not very fine quartz. Yes the red dirt indicates oxidation of iron and it is said Iron is the Mother of Gold.

However, as others have said, (in so many words) gold is where you find it.

In the situation you are in, the best thing you can do is to cover as much ground as you can, as quickly as you can. Using little 11 inch coils take forever. What you are looking for is that first nugget that lets you know you are in a gold bearing area. Once you find a nugget then you can slow down and really prospect the place.

Here's a 20 X 40 coil that is being used in the Sudan with excellent results because it can cover 2 acres an hour.

goldcartsml.jpg

Doc

Have you examined the dirt under a microscope?

The reasons I ask is because quartz is often so fine, (which I would expect because of it being blasted by sand over millions of years) it is not discernible.

It's just like some very WHITE "SAND" beaches. When you go to the Carribean, and the water is so very clear and the beaches are very white. You assume it is sand you are looking at, when in fact you are looking at pulvarized coral. Because the coral is heavy, it settles quickly and the water stays very clear.

So look very carefully at the composition of the sand and see if there is not very fine quartz. Yes the red dirt indicates oxidation of iron and it is said Iron is the Mother of Gold.

However, as others have said, (in so many words) gold is where you find it.

In the situation you are in, the best thing you can do is to cover as much ground as you can, as quickly as you can. Using little 11 inch coils take forever. What you are looking for is that first nugget that lets you know you are in a gold bearing area. Once you find a nugget then you can slow down and really prospect the place.

Here's a 20 X 40 coil that is being used in the Sudan with excellent results because it can cover 2 acres an hour.

goldcartsml.jpg

Doc

Thanks a lot guys.

Doc, the machine on picture, is it a gpx4500 and what about shot kart (local made?)?

Do have any more pictures on this nice stuff (equipment) :wub: :wub: :wub:

I hope soon that i will post some nice hits here :D

A-S

Yes it is a 4500 and that is a COILTEK 20 X 40 coils hooked up to the 4500 on a special cart we manufacture called the Sudan Gold Scorpion.

Take care!

Doc

Doc, i can read in some forums that big coils will not detect small gold nuggets, what is small gold??

a they talking about 0,1 gram, 1gram or 5gram?

so with a 25" coil and upp in size, will i leave lot of gold in the ground :blink: ?

or shouls i sweep a second/third time with a smaller coil over the same area, that means a lot of work?

A-S

Archived