detectors

hello all,its been awhile since i been here and posted,i have couple questions.i used to have a gp 3000,didnt get a chance to use it, had sold it just about as fast as i bought it,but i have maintained my whites mxt as only parks and coin shooting are easy acces.i do like to go to mojave ca here and there and have joined oc 49ers in past,found some nice flakes with the drywasher ,but never anything with detectors.actually didnt really get to spend alot of time,maybe a day per month here and there.but my question is,my mxt has a 6x10 dd nugget shooter coil.im gonna get back into some detecting and get around a bit more and really pound some ground soon.will my mxt with that coil be fine where im gonna hunt,or would i have a better chance getting a gp 3000 or 3500.im not real familiar with all the technical stuff,just a simple detector that will find something.i have yet to find any nuggets or anything with a detector yet.but im looking to give it some effort and time this commin year.should i stick with my mxt and coil and just cover some ground or go ahead and upgrade to a minelab,and which would u guys prefer for me starting out with,i know the 4500 and 5000 are the best,but way out of my price range.so any one with serious advice, please step in here and tell me what you would do if ya was just starting out.

john

John...it would be a lot easier to answer your questions if you would take the time to type out some puntuation, capitals, periods and so-on...I skipped this a couple of times because of the way you wrote...so much for the editorial...

If you have the money take a good look at the 4500, 4000, 3500 and on down until you get in your price range (prices for previous models go down when the new one comes out)....they will all work better in bad ground than a vlf.

If you want to find out if you enjoy the search, the places and the sights of prospecting then your Whites and the little dd coil will be fine...it will also find gold so you won't just be getting exercise.

Gold nugget hunting requires more than just the detector...

fred

John...it would be a lot easier to answer your questions if you would take the time to type out some puntuation, capitals, periods and so-on...I skipped this a couple of times because of the way you wrote...so much for the editorial...

If you have the money take a good look at the 4500, 4000, 3500 and on down until you get in your price range (prices for previous models go down when the new one comes out)....they will all work better in bad ground than a vlf.

If you want to find out if you enjoy the search, the places and the sights of prospecting then your Whites and the little dd coil will be fine...it will also find gold so you won't just be getting exercise.

Gold nugget hunting requires more than just the detector...

fred

i really enjoy the search. i just didnt have as much time before as i thought. im gettin alot more free time now, and would love to get back into it,mainly for the nugget shooting. i know the dessert out here in cali doesn't produce the nugs like in az. but im sure there are some to be found. i did witness a guy one time in the rands area come back hollering and showed me a very large nug he got with a gm or somethin like that. it turned out to be just over 1/4 oz nug. sad thing is i was working my way up that wash lol. i most definately want a better chance at finding some nugs.i know my mxt with the 6x10 dd is very capable, but not sure how small, or how deep i can actually go for nugs. i do pick up alot of lead bullets down to about 5in or so. sorry if my post is hard to read. puntuation wasnt ever really a great subject for me.how do i use the editorial? i have a very nice jet boat worth about $6,000 i might be seling. so if i decide to sell it then id most definately want the best. thank you for ur time and advice. my girlfriend owns 25 acres in oregon on flume gulch rd, just off leland rd. it was inherited to her from grandparents.she also owns all mineral rites as well. has creeks runnin right through it in couple places. her family was told there was gd gold there, but unfortunately her family was already wealthy and not interested in prospecting. so maybe thats more fr me to find lol. im gonna go test it all out in couple weeks.take my sluice and pan. also my mxt. but im mainly looking forward to making my way to az and try my luck. do you know of a decent club i could join and actually have a chance at finding something?

thanks again

john

john i see you are near bakersfield, don't know any clubs there,do a net search,thereare plenty of nuggets in california, the secret is in swinging your coil over your nugget not mine...heh, heh...a good used gmt or fisher goldbug and plenty of patience will get you a nugget...good luck

fred

the mxt works well, but is only good for near surface gold(1 gram nugget at 4 inches mabe) there have been many gpx 4000 and 4500 going for cheap as a result of the 5000 lately, probably near what you would have paid for a used 3500 a couple months ago .one member has a 4500 brand new in the box for $2900 thats a hella deal seen some other pi units on ebay (2100 2200v2) for under 1500 , use the best when looking for gold any minelab pulse machine is better than a beach machine hope this helps Justin

the mxt works well, but is only good for near surface gold(1 gram nugget at 4 inches mabe) there have been many gpx 4000 and 4500 going for cheap as a result of the 5000 lately, probably near what you would have paid for a used 3500 a couple months ago .one member has a 4500 brand new in the box for $2900 thats a hella deal seen some other pi units on ebay (2100 2200v2) for under 1500 , use the best when looking for gold any minelab pulse machine is better than a beach machine hope this helps Justin

thanks all, i live in bakersfield,i have been a member of the oc 49ers and have dredged the kern river claim and detected the desert claims.they have 4 or 5 in desert around rands district,im joining them again and that where ill be going mostly,couple wkends a month.its like hr and half to claims.not bad if i leave early.im selling my jetboat, and should fetch at least 5 grand, no less.so as soon as it sells,ill prob just get the 5000 gpx,just skip all the upgrading as im sure even ifthey come out with an gpx 9000 ill still be happy lol.im sure it will last me plenty long before i have to upgrade.i just want the best detector to increase my chances is all. unless you guys think thats too much machine for beginner with minelab .but its what im aiming for.

john

Get the BEST machine you can AFFORD. Then put the hours in with it. Good luck and big nuggets! - Terry

thanks all, i live in bakersfield,i have been a member of the oc 49ers and have dredged the kern river claim and detected the desert claims.they have 4 or 5 in desert around rands district,im joining them again and that where ill be going mostly,couple wkends a month.its like hr and half to claims.not bad if i leave early.im selling my jetboat, and should fetch at least 5 grand, no less.so as soon as it sells,ill prob just get the 5000 gpx,just skip all the upgrading as im sure even ifthey come out with an gpx 9000 ill still be happy lol.im sure it will last me plenty long before i have to upgrade.i just want the best detector to increase my chances is all. unless you guys think thats too much machine for beginner with minelab .but its what im aiming for.

john

Buying the best is always good...but, remember, if you don't enjoy nugget hunting you will not recover the cost of a new machine when you sell it used...minelab warrentees are not transferable...

one other thing...since this forum is where you are getting the info please give Rob an opertunity to sell you the 5000...it is the right thing to do, in my opinion...

fred

Buying the best is always good...but, remember, if you don't enjoy nugget hunting you will not recover the cost of a new machine when you sell it used...minelab warrentees are not transferable...

one other thing...since this forum is where you are getting the info please give Rob an opertunity to sell you the 5000...it is the right thing to do, in my opinion...

fred

most definately fred, rob will definately be selling me the bundle package,unless someone here has deal i cant pass up,but id rather buy new and get all the goodies he offers, plus warranty,service and everything else our gd buddy offers.he goes way out of his way to please and give service beyond sales.

john

yes sir, go for the 5000 if you can. I recently bought a detector from Rob and was very happy with everything ,and your learning curve will be shorter after a proper field lesson (im self taught and it took over a year to learn the way of the force) good luck Justin

Archived