Only 2 dinks

• Admin

Hey Doug,

That is great news to hear that you heard those little nuggets at that depth with a Minelab and Coiltek coil. Most importantly, you were able to hear them and understand they were digable targets and you didn't leave them. Once you have mastered hearing those faint small or larger nuggets at depth, your nugget pouch will grow much faster.

When in doubt, scratch a few inches away and check it again. If the target area gets a bit louder, you probably have a metallic target buried. If the sound don't change, I like to take another inch or so to make sure; if there is no change again it's probably mineralization. You might need to re-ground balance or check your settings.

Note: Keep in mind, even with the Minelab PI's you might find a location or two where the mineralization is too extreme to balance out 100%. I have found a few locations like this over the years.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Hey Doug,

That is great news to hear that you heard those little nuggets at that depth with a Minelab and Coiltek coil. Most importantly, you were able to hear them and understand they were digable targets and you didn't leave them. Once you have mastered hearing those faint small or larger nuggets at depth, your nugget pouch will grow much faster.

When in doubt, scratch a few inches away and check it again. If the target area gets a bit louder, you probably have a metallic target buried. If the sound don't change, I like to take another inch or so to make sure; if there is no change again it's probably mineralization. You might need to re-ground balance or check your settings.

Note: Keep in mind, even with the Minelab PI's you might find a location or two where the mineralization is too extreme to balance out 100%. I have found a few locations like this over the years.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob, and happy hunting. Doug

Archived