new gpx 5000

hello all, im so excited. got my new gpx 5000 bundle today. it took 2 days to get here. thanks to rob and his excellent fast service.anyways, im meeting few nugget hunters in the rands area tomorrow here in cali, i have 4 coils, and wonder which would be thebest bet for that area. ill be taking them all, but just wondering if anyone hunt this area in the past and what coils would be best.im new to the minelab so i have not a clue.

john

ive got the 4 in the bundle special. the 11 in commander round commander double d, 11 in commander round mono. 15 x 12 commander mono elliptical, 8 in commander mono round. thats what ive got. im not sure of the ground conditions. its in the mojave dessert area of ca. ill take em all, just was hoping someone coild give ome advice which to start with.

john

Gube,

My Double-D lookin coil is Mono but Rob told me it's good for 90% of the time.

(I forget what the other 10% is)

I use the quick start guide method of auto tuning, then ground balance and go.

Notice Rob has been dropping the term "fine gold" a lot lately.

With switch in Special position you go to menu and select "Fine Gold"

I wouldn't toy around with the settings too much on the first day- might be funnest to just use presets and roll- maybe try Deep mode.

Have fun!

I like Monos all the way I only keep a DD in my bag in case I hit an area that is just too hot to hunt then I'll switch over. If you don't want to mess around with your setting or you don't have the time I like the factory Deep setting. However in that same breath I'll tell you I have custom settings as well and Fine gold is in my bag of tricks as well. Do note that the fine gold setting with a mono and hot ground is almost impossible to work with unless you really know what you are doing. Good luck and enjoy that 5K in the most basic setting it will out perform almost all other detectors out there so have Fun.

Happy Hunting

HOTROCK

wel if your in good shape id use the 15 by 12 mono great coverage and sensitivity if theres alott of rocks and brush use a smaller mono. only use the dd if a last resort for super noisy soil, hope this helps

Archived