Video information with Youtube

• Admin

Hello All,

Just wondering what is the best program to use (not too expensive) to transfer short 5-10 minute videos from my digital camera to a program that can edit and add titles and such? I was using Microsoft Movie Maker I believe, but can't figure out how to change the file from not being a default Movie Maker file, which will not upload to Youtube.

My digital camera is saving video's in the AVI format, so that is fine, but once I use Movie Maker to add stuff it wants to save them to a Move Maker file that is not compatiable with Youtube.

Not sure what I did different before and where I'm going wrong now ....

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob Allison

Rob,

This is what I found:

Part 1. How to convert MSWMM to WMV in Windows Movie Maker?

A *.MSWMM is a project file of Windows Movie Maker; it is not a video file (more like a record file). You can open *.MSWMM file in Windows Movie Maker(click "File -> Open Project Project...") and save the movie to your computer: go to the "Tasks" bar, click "Finish Movie" and then click "Save to my computer".

Then Windows Movie Maker will ask you to enter a file name for your movie and choose a folder to save your movie. The movie will be saved as a WMV file in the PC.

LINK to article

I've been using/working on computers since 1993 and nothing makes me pull hair out like video :D

Good luck!

Rob,

That's a program I've used, just go down to "save movie file" instead of "save project as". I had the same problem in the past. I usually save as a file for use on the computer since I think the quality is higher. That should fix your immediate problem. As you would imagine, if you get into a lot of editing you may want more in the software department, like some of the programs mentioned under DOC's thread, which I have not used ;)

Archived