Out With The Old & In With The New!

Our hobby metal detecting is full of excitement and adventure. It's a hobby, that you can work at in your own pace to stop and take in the landscape. Your on your own, even though you may have a couple buddies hunting over the ridge to either side of you. It's you trying to out fox Mother Nature, by reading her clues she layed down. So, pay attention to what the oldtimers worked in your local goldfields and piggy back off their knowledge. They didn't get all the gold in their old workings and maybe over the next ridge or two they missed your next Monster Patch. You all have a great 2011 and may all our Pokes runith over! Until our next hunt and Happy New Year!

LuckyLundy

This poke is spoken for and I'll start a new one on 3 January 2011.

75dwtsDisplayinHandRing.jpg

Denny,

You have been out of prospecting for a time and keeping busy with your position in the club. A two ounce year isn't to bad considering your time spent behind a detector showing other members around the goldfields. Your armed with the new GPX 5000, you'll find more time to enjoy our hobby as you learn that new machine. This poke is 75 dwt's (3 3/4 oz's).

All most time to heat the oven up for the families New Year Prime Rib...until our next hunt!

Rick

Hi Rick

Way to go, I recognize the black and gold beauties!

Denny

2oz is a most excellent poke considering the time

and effort you put into making the club one of the

best ever. Not to forget the officers and board members

and there hard work(Thank You All).

Happy New Year and a Golden 2011

Herb

Happy New Year to all!!!

It's been a great year for me with the ounces just rolling in. And Rick You know I was there watching you dig just about all of that gold in your hand. :rolleyes: I also could'nt have asked for better friends to meet this past year along the way. (Rick, Robin, Steve, Mike, Mark, Bob, and others in Alaska)Thank you all for your friendship and great hunts together.

Road Dog (Rick)

RoadDog,

That's the best part of our hobby, friendship gained, knowledge shared and a home cooked meal around the campsite. In my humble opinon, your success is measured in sharing your success! It makes us all more productive in our lives and we all have a pointy finger to help each other...bust that skunk!!!

C'ya Soon,

LuckyLundy

Hey guy,s thanks ,But i was trying to say it looked like a 2 oz year for Lucky Lundy.

My take for this last year was a wopping 7 grains,Maybe 3 grains more with the drywasher,

I did have lots of golden times with freinds old and new,{Pricless}

I plan on getting out more and detecting ,That is the only way to find it,

Sorry for the mix up , But i did not want any falsities in my bag of trash,Hope you all have a good one,

Denny,

Add another 11 oz to that handfull above. I've always made goals for myself to achieve to the next level in life. I try to find 1 oz a month, now some months are only 1/2 oz or so, but a few good months make up for the slower months. So, set yourself and achieveable goal and make it happen. Sure I'm retired, and I'm sure all you retired folks out there will say, where did the time go today? My Friends will tell you I don't wear a watch, I don't know what day it is and I eat when I'm hungry. But, I have a family with all that responsibility and two teenage Daughters keeping my pockets empty of my beer money. Keep prospecting fun with achieveable goals and make the most of your time behind your detector! I'm eager for the day Robin & I, are empty nesters..."There's so many places to prospect and so little time" That's my next goal, get these college girls out of the house...I'm thinking the Military!!! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

Road Dog,

You had a great year, except that stuff in the gold pan! There's more out there to find, but you have to be in the field to find it. Nothing like a fresh new patch, so bring your waterproof hiking boots, expect a few skunk days and just maybe a new patch of fat ones!!!

C'ya soon,

LuckyLundy

Archived