Sunny Day Hunt

It's been a very foggy couple of weeks in the Central Valley lower foothills. Robin & I, laced up our boots, hit the sunny and still mud soaked hills. Patch hunting at times more than 1/2 mile from each other we finally met up for a lunch break after a hard 4 hrs of swing'n the coils. I scored a couple of lone nuggets and Robin, was still looking to get on the score board. Feeling refreshed, we started the routine again. It didn't seem to long after our lunch break, I found the flat nugget pictured in the center of my 12x15 Commander Coil. That was the time my non-cooking 16 yr old Daughter called me and asked whats for dinner tonight? I told her, what ever your cooking!!! And noticed that time just flew bye, I radio'd Robin and told her it's time to hump out of the hills. Even though Robin, ended up with a skunk she looked happy in the setting sun. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

20Jan11LTR2.jpg

20Jan11LTR.jpg

Hey, your not using a GP Extreme to find that stuff are you.......lol

WTG!

HighBanker - Keep using that Fine Gold, it will help you pull out a few extra nuggets. Of course everyday is different Enhance if Fine Gold isn't working (EMI's). It's a great coil, but heavy!!!

I'm In Congress...man - What GP Extreme, I thought you took that to Alaska? lol, it's collecting dust in my garage.

You all take care and keep that coil low and swing it extra slow!

LuckyLundy

Border Boy, that mud turns into the hardest dirt I've ever dug in and I lived in Arizona for many years. When I started out nugget hunting, I went through 3 solid oak or hickory handles on my pick in 4 months...long hike back to truck for something like that to happen out in the middle of a red hot patch of gold. Some people will tell you different, but my pick handles are now metal and have never broke one...but I've wore out a many a pick. This time of the year, my waterproof boots have a ton of metal in them too and not to mention the two ounces of gold around my neck. I try to give them nuggets a fighting chance!!! Until our next hunt...Sunday (23 Jan) - Thursday (27th Jan) Dale District bound.

LuckyLundy

Dale district sounds cool and I bet that one around your neck gets heavy (wish I had that problem :D ) I use a geo pick for the bedrock and a full size pick for clay , seams like i get about a year out of either . brest wishes to you guys and many more nuggets

justin

Archived